Add EVENT to my Outlook Calendar
Add REGISTRATION REMINDER to my Outlook Calendar
Camping Weekend at Green Ridge
|Event Location:||Green Ridge State Forest, MD|
|Date(s) & Time:||Fri, Jun 11 2010 5:30 pm (Carpool Departure: 5:30 pm *log in for location*)|
|Registration Opens:||Sun, May 23 2010 12:00 am|
|Registration Cut Off:||Sun, Jun 6 2010 12:59 pm|
|Event Duration:||All weekend|
|Difficulty Rating:||D4: Moderate to Difficult|
|Event Organizer(s):||Colin Babb|
Email Event Organizer(s)
You must be logged in to get the Event Organizer contact information.
|Member Cost:||$28.00/Person (See Detailed Cost Info Below)|
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 18 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||25|
|Minimum Group Size:||5|
|Number Registered So Far:||8 / 0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||Yes|
|Join us for a camping weekend in beautiful Green Ridge State Forest in western Maryland. We'll be camping in one of the park's group camp sites in the northern park of the forest, Group Site 3, which is close to the junction of several trails and not far from the Potomac River.|
We'll be doing a loop hike on the off-road vehicle trail in the center of the park on Saturday that will be about 12-13 miles. On Sunday, we'll head down for a shorter hike at the Paw Paw Tunnel on the C&O Canal.
This is a great place to enjoy early summertime and hang out in one of the best parks in Maryland!
|How to Get There:|
|Event Directions:||Campsite is Group Site 3. From Baltimore, take I-70 west to Frederick; from Washington, take I-270 north to Frederick. At Frederick, take I-70 west to Hancock, bear left and merge onto I-68 west. At exit 62, pass back under freeway and head south on Fifteen Mile Creek Road. Stay to the left and stay on Fifteen Mile Creek when passing by Sugar Bottom and Green Ridge Roads. Take left at Dughill Road and continue past campsites 79-75 (in descending order) and then Group Site 3 will be on your right.|
|Carpool to Event Distance (round trip):||0Mile(s)|
|Carpool Departure Time:||5:30 pm|
|Carpool Location:||Log in for location|
|Carpool Directions:||Log in for directions|
- Registration is NOT COMPLETE until you've signed up and paid by the registration cut off date. The money must be in the MOC's possession by that date. No exceptions.|
- When a minimum group size appears, this is to let you know that the event will be cancelled with refunds to those who have already paid, if the minimum number of registered participants is not met. For any events where MOC needs a minimum number of participants, there will be absolutely no refunds of money if you or your guest(s) cancel.
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in MOC events.
- Details of this event are subject to undergo a change at any point in time, with or without warning.
- Questions about equipment or rentals? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Notice any errors or problems in the information on this page? Please notify our Content Editor(s), Amy Lipsius, at email@example.com.
|Cost & Payment:|
|Cost Includes:||Five meals, two nights of camping, and rental of porto-john facilities.|
|Payment Cut Off:||Payment must be received by the MOC on Sun, Jun 6 2010.|
|Make a Payment:||Click here for the details. PLEASE PAY AFTER YOU HAVE SIGNED UP BELOW.|
Please review our Cancellation Policy carefully!