Add EVENT to my Outlook Calendar
Add REGISTRATION REMINDER to my Outlook Calendar
Festival of the Trees Decorating
|Event Location:||Cow Palace, Maryland State Fairgrounds, 2200 York Road, Timonium, MD 21093|
|Date(s) & Time:||Sun, Nov 23 2008 8:00 am (Carpool Departure: 7:00 am *log in for location*)|
|Registration Opens:||Thu, Nov 6 2008 12:00 am|
|Registration Cut Off:||Thu, Nov 20 2008 12:59 pm|
|Event Duration:||About 5 hrs. (including optional lunch)|
|Difficulty Rating:||D1: Easy|
|Event Organizer(s):||Amy Pickwick|
Email Event Organizer(s)
You must be logged in to get the Event Organizer contact information.
|Member Cost:||$10.00/Person (See Detailed Cost Info Below)|
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, All Ages|
|Maximum Group Size:||20|
|Minimum Group Size:||10|
|Number Registered So Far:||12 / 0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||No|
|Every year, volunteers dedicated to helping raise funds for the Kennedy Krieger Institute, a comprehensive resource for children with disorders of the brain, gather together at Thanksgiving time to honor the spirit of giving. The Festival of the Trees, a holiday-themed event is held annually at the Maryland State Fairgrounds (Cow Palace building), displaying over 500 trees, wreaths, and gingerbread houses for sale to raise nearly $1M for patient programs and research.|
In this 19th year of the Festival, the Maryland Outdoor Club will be part of the magic. On Sunday, November 23rd, we will be gathering to trim a tree in the theme “The Great Outdoors.”
Our tree, one of 125, will be on display for sale the following weekend, during the Festival of the Trees, from Friday, November 28 through Sunday, November 30. The more magnificent we can trim our tree the better odds of it being sold. Our outstanding creation will be sold to raise money to benefit the children of Kennedy Krieger Institute. In the past, the trees have sold for approximately $500 each.
As a member of the MOC decorating team (this event), you will be supplied everything you need to help trim a 7.5 foot tree. The money collected (in advance) for this event will be used to purchase themed ornaments and decorations. (Contact Amy Kunkoski at “webamy76 at gmail dot com” regarding making a monetary donation for tree trimmings, even if you cannot make this event). Decorators do not need to bring anything but your bare hands! Just help us bring our tree to life to honor the children.
In return for your time, talent, and donation, you will receive:
**There will be no refunds whatsoever for this event. If you can no longer make the event, your event fee will be considered a donation to the decorations fund.**
|How to Get There:|
|Event Directions:||Click here for driving directions. The Cow Palace is at the back right corner, away from the racetrack.|
|Carpool to Event Distance (round trip):||0Mile(s)|
|Carpool Departure Time:||7:00 am|
|Carpool Location:||Log in for location|
|Carpool Directions:||Log in for directions|
- Registration is NOT COMPLETE until you've signed up and paid by the registration cut off date. The money must be in the MOC's possession by that date. No exceptions.|
- When a minimum group size appears, this is to let you know that the event will be cancelled with refunds to those who have already paid, if the minimum number of registered participants is not met. For any events where MOC needs a minimum number of participants, there will be absolutely no refunds of money if you or your guest(s) cancel.
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in MOC events.
- Details of this event are subject to undergo a change at any point in time, with or without warning.
- Questions about equipment or rentals? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Notice any errors or problems in the information on this page? Please notify our Content Editor(s), Amy Lipsius, at email@example.com.
|Cost & Payment:|
|Cost Includes:||The money collected (in advance) for this event will be used to purchase themed ornaments and decorations.|
|Payment Cut Off:||Payment must be received by the MOC on Thu, Nov 20 2008.|
|Make a Payment:||Click here for the details. PLEASE PAY AFTER YOU HAVE SIGNED UP BELOW.|
Please review our Cancellation Policy carefully!
*Note: There will be no refunds whatsoever for this event. If you can no longer make the event, your event fee will be considered a donation to the decorations fund.