Add EVENT to my Outlook Calendar
Add REGISTRATION REMINDER to my Outlook Calendar
Oregon Ridge Hike
|Event Location:||Oregon Ridge Park|
|Date(s) & Time:||Sun, Mar 2 2008 11:00 am|
|Registration Opens:||Thu, Feb 14 2008 12:00 am|
|Registration Cut Off:||Thu, Feb 28 2008 12:59 pm|
|Difficulty Rating:||D2: Easy to Moderate|
|Event Organizer(s):||Chris B.|
Email Event Organizer(s)
You must be logged in to get the Event Organizer contact information.
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 18 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||20|
|Minimum Group Size:||5|
|Number Registered So Far:||0 / 0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||Yes|
|This is a pretty easy hike in the woods. The starting point offers a Nature Center with live snakes, amphibians, an indoor beehive, and numerous taxidermy displays. Going at a moderate pace it should take about 2 hours to complete the circuit of 4.2 miles. There are 2 moderately steep, but short, hills to climb during the hike. There are also several streams crossing, but all have rocks to use as stepping stones to avoid getting your feet wet. With recent rains I expect trail conditions to be muddy. Park requirements: Dogs must be on leash on all of the trails.|
Visiting the Nature Center (open 9am to 5pm) is not included in the hiking plan, so if you would like to go through the Nature Center please arrive early and allow yourself time to visit.
For more information, please visit:
|How to Get There:|
|Event Directions:||From DC:|
1. Take 95 North to 695, follow directions below.
1. Take I-695 toward Towson.
2. Take I-83 North (Exit 24)
3. Continue North to Exit 20-B (Shawan Rd. West)
4. At first light make a left. (Beaver Dam Rd.)
5. Make an immediate right (between the red shed and the Oregon Grill)
6. Go across bridge
7. Fork right (following ONE WAY signs)
8. You will see the Beach Building on left
9. Continue to the paved parking for Nature Center.
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in MOC events.|
- Details of this event are subject to undergo a change at any point in time, with or without warning.
- Questions about equipment or rentals? Send them to email@example.com.
- Notice any errors or problems in the information on this page? Please notify our Content Editor(s), Amy Lipsius, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review our Cancellation Policy carefully!