Add EVENT to my Outlook Calendar
Add REGISTRATION REMINDER to my Outlook Calendar
Dog-Friendly Backpacking Trip
|Event Location:||Shenandoah National Park|
|Date(s) & Time:||Sat, Nov 17 2007 8:00 am (Carpool Departure: 7:45 am *log in for location*)|
|Registration Opens:||Wed, Oct 31 2007 12:00 am|
|Registration Cut Off:||Wed, Nov 14 2007 12:59 pm|
|Event Duration:||2 days, 1 night|
|Difficulty Rating:||D5: Difficult|
|Event Organizer(s):||Meir Gottlieb|
Email Event Organizer(s)
You must be logged in to get the Event Organizer contact information.
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 18 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||6|
|Minimum Group Size:||2|
|Number Registered So Far:||6 / 0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||Yes|
|Join us for a dog-friendly fall backpacking trip in the Shenandoah. This 20 mile loop will take you and your pooch though a very pretty and lightly traveled section of the Shenandoah with lots of water on the first day and only one road crossing.|
We will leave from the Vienna Metro at 8 AM on Saturday morning and drive about an hour and a half to the Shenandoah. Our hike on day one will take us down Jeremy’s Run, up Neighbor Mountain and down the Appalachian Trail to Pass Mountain Shelter for a total of 13 miles. Day two will be a short day, hiking 7 relatively easy miles on the AT back to the cars.
Please only bring well behaved dogs that are experienced campers.
|How to Get There:|
|Event Directions:||1. Take I-66 W to Front Royal - go 19 mi|
2. Exit 43A onto US-29 S to Gainesville/Warrenton - go 12 mi
3. Take US-211 W/US-29 ramp to Warrenton/Luray
4. Continue on Lee Hwy through Warrenton
5. Lee Hwy becomes Broadview Ave
6. Make a right onto Frost Ave/US-211 W - go 17 mi
7. Continue on US-211/US-522 - go 9.5 mi
8. In Sperryville, continue on US-211 W
9. Enter Shenandoah Park (fee required), and go North on Skyline Drive
10. In less than a mile turn left into Elkwallow Picnic Grounds
|Carpool to Event Distance (round trip):||0Mile(s)|
|Carpool Departure Time:||7:45 am|
|Carpool Location:||Log in for location|
|Carpool Directions:||Log in for directions|
- There is a $15 per car park entrance fee, so carpooling is strongly recommended|
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in MOC events.
- Details of this event are subject to undergo a change at any point in time, with or without warning.
- Questions about equipment or rentals? Send them to email@example.com.
- Notice any errors or problems in the information on this page? Please notify our Content Editor(s), Amy Lipsius, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review our Cancellation Policy carefully!