Add EVENT to my Outlook Calendar
Add REGISTRATION REMINDER to my Outlook Calendar
Mod Hike & Barbecue
|Event Location:||Harpers Ferry, WV|
|Date(s) & Time:||Sat, Oct 27 2007 11:00 am|
|Registration Opens:||Wed, Oct 10 2007 12:00 am|
|Registration Cut Off:||Wed, Oct 24 2007 12:59 pm|
|Event Duration:||~3-5 hrs|
|Difficulty Rating:||D4: Moderate to Difficult|
|Event Organizer(s):||H. Tran|
Email Event Organizer(s)
You must be logged in to get the Event Organizer contact information.
|Member Cost:||$5.00/Person (See Detailed Cost Info Below)|
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 18 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||19|
|Minimum Group Size:||10|
|Number Registered So Far:||16 / 0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||No|
|MARYLAND HEIGHTS, which towers 1,448 feet above the rivers, is the area's most strenuous – and rewarding – hike. In addition to furnishing breathtaking views of Harpers Ferry and the Potomac River, the mountain hides the ruins of many Civil War fortifications. Infantry trenches, artillery redoubts, ammunition pits, and military camps once extended across the heights. This is a moderate to difficult hike that is about 6-7 miles with an elevation gain of about 1300 ft.|
There will be a post hike barbecue after for those who are interested. Directions will be provided to those like to attend.
For more info : National Park Sevice
|How to Get There:|
|Event Directions:||From DC:|
1. Go north into Maryland on I-495
2.Exit onto I-270 (from left lane of I-495) toward Frederick, Maryland
3. Continue on I-270 to Frederick
4. Continue west on I-70 at Frederick for about 1 mile
5. Take Exit 52 onto U.S. Route 340 (Charles Town and Leesburg exit)
6. Continue south/west on U.S. Route 340 to Harpers Ferry (22 miles)
7. Cross the Potomac and Shenandoah rivers and continue west on U.S. Route 340
8. Turn left at the traffic light and proceed to the Harpers Ferry NHP Cavalier Heights Visitor Center
1. Take I-695 (Baltimore Beltway) west toward Catonsville/Towson
2. Exit onto I-70 west toward Frederick, Maryland
3. Continue west on I-70 past Frederick for about 1 mile
4. Take Exit #52 onto U.S. Route 340 (Charles Town and Leesburg exit)
5. Continue south/west on U.S. Route 340 to Harpers Ferry (22 miles)
6. Cross the Potomac and Shenandoah rivers
7. After crossing second bridge (Shenandoah River) proceed to stoplight at top of hill. Turn left into the main entrance of the park.
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in MOC events.|
- Details of this event are subject to undergo a change at any point in time, with or without warning.
- Questions about equipment or rentals? Send them to email@example.com.
- Notice any errors or problems in the information on this page? Please notify our Content Editor(s), Amy Lipsius, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Cost & Payment:|
|Cost Includes:||parking fee at Harpers Ferry|
|Make a Payment:||Although there is a cost for this event, you do not pay through the MOC. Please review the event details carefully for information about how/where to make your payment.|
Please review our Cancellation Policy carefully!