Add EVENT to my Outlook Calendar
Add REGISTRATION REMINDER to my Outlook Calendar
Patapsco On Horseback
|Event Location:||Marriottsville, MD|
|Date(s) & Time:||Sat, Sep 15 2007 10:30 am|
|Registration Opens:||Mon, Aug 27 2007 12:00 am|
|Registration Cut Off:||Mon, Sep 10 2007 12:59 pm|
|Event Duration:||~2 hrs|
|Difficulty Rating:||D1: Easy|
|Event Organizer(s):||Beverly Hoeftman|
Email Event Organizer(s)
You must be logged in to get the Event Organizer contact information.
|Member Cost:||$28.00/Person (See Detailed Cost Info Below)|
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 18 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||19|
|Minimum Group Size:||5|
|Number Registered So Far:||17 / 0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||No|
|Join MOC for a pleasant ride through the McKeldin Area of Patapsco Valley State Park, known for its varied, steep and wooded terrain. Misty Manor Stables will provide us with agreeable, well-trained horses suitable all riders (including beginners). Our route will include wooded areas, a beautiful riverside trail along the Patapsco, and a view of Liberty Dam. Following our ride, we'll relax with an optional picnic lunch, and a chance to commune with the resident pygmy goats.|
|How to Get There:|
|Event Directions:||From DC|
Take I-95 North as far as Elkridge, and use exit 43B to merge onto MD-100 W toward Ellicott City.
Continue for 5.6 miles.
Exit onto Columbia Pike/US-29 N toward I-70 & continue for 3.3 miles.
Take exit 25B to merge onto I-70 W toward Frederick, and follow directions below.
From Baltimore or Frederick
From Interstate 70 take the northbound exit for Marriottsville Road.
Continue on Marriottsville Road for 3.7 miles, crossing over Route 99.
The sign for Ridge Road is a bit hard to spot, so keep in mind that you will first cross over Henryton Road and Marriottsville Road 2.
Turn left onto Ridge Road, and follow this winding dirt/gravel road for about .7 mile.
Look for the Misty Manor sign to your right. (Ridge Road curves left at this point, so be alert.)
Make a right onto the driveway. Several animals roam freely on the grounds, so be alert and observe the 5 MPH speed limit.
- Registration is NOT COMPLETE until you've signed up and paid by the registration cut off date. The money must be in the MOC's possession by that date. No exceptions.|
- When a minimum group size appears, this is to let you know that the event will be cancelled with refunds to those who have already paid, if the minimum number of registered participants is not met. For any events where MOC needs a minimum number of participants, there will be absolutely no refunds of money if you or your guest(s) cancel.
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in MOC events.
- Details of this event are subject to undergo a change at any point in time, with or without warning.
- Questions about equipment or rentals? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Notice any errors or problems in the information on this page? Please notify our Content Editor(s), Amy Lipsius, at email@example.com.
|Cost & Payment:|
|Payment Cut Off:||Payment must be received by the MOC on Mon, Sep 10 2007.|
|Make a Payment:||Click here for the details. PLEASE PAY AFTER YOU HAVE SIGNED UP BELOW.|
Please review our Cancellation Policy carefully!