Add EVENT to my Outlook Calendar
Add REGISTRATION REMINDER to my Outlook Calendar
Camping Weekend in Shenandoah
|Event Location:||Shenendoah, VA|
|Date(s) & Time:||Fri, Oct 19 2007 6:30 pm (Carpool Departure: 6:00 pm *log in for location*)|
|Registration Opens:||Wed, Sep 26 2007 12:00 am|
|Registration Cut Off:||Wed, Oct 10 2007 12:59 pm|
|Event Duration:||~2 days|
|Difficulty Rating:||D3: Moderate|
|Event Organizer(s):||Carrie Graff|
Email Event Organizer(s)
You must be logged in to get the Event Organizer contact information.
|Member Cost:||$23.00/Person (See Detailed Cost Info Below)|
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 18 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||13|
|Minimum Group Size:||4|
|Number Registered So Far:||13 / 0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||Yes|
|The fourth annual Shenandoah weekend camping trip to see the beautiful fall foliage has been planned and is on the calendar! Last yearís trip was one of the best ever in terms of weather and good friends and food. While I canít control what the weather will do, we once again will be offering up some of the best views Shenandoah has to offer during what I hope to be peak color season, as well as tasty backcountry cuisine to tempt the taste buds. This is a rain or shine event so come prepared! We will have a tarp in case of brief inclement weather.|
Okay, the logistics: We will leave from the Vienna metro on our way out of town Friday night and stop for our traditional Mexican dinner in Front Royal. Because they have closed the Dundo Group Site, we will be shifting our operations to the Loft Mountain campground, which is less than a mile away from our previous digs in Southern District of the park. We will awake Saturday morning to a great day to hike one of the more difficult trails in the park. I am envisioning possibly up to 12 miles and possibly over 2000 ft elevation change. Depending on the make-up of the group, there might be an option of an easier hike, but that will be a day-of decision. Upon return to the campsite Saturday night, we will indulge ourselves in food and drink and hopefully fun stories of past adventures. Sunday morning there will be breakfast and an optional easier hike as we head out of the park. A re-gathering for lunch in Front Royal on Sunday is also an option.
This is a dog friendly hike so I encourage dog owners to bring their four-legged friends, even if you have never camped with them beforeÖI am more than happy to help anyone out!
|How to Get There:|
|Carpool to Event Distance (round trip):||0Mile(s)|
|Carpool Departure Time:||6:00 pm|
|Carpool Location:||Log in for location|
|Carpool Directions:||Log in for directions|
- Registration is NOT COMPLETE until you've signed up and paid by the registration cut off date. The money must be in the MOC's possession by that date. No exceptions.|
- When a minimum group size appears, this is to let you know that the event will be cancelled with refunds to those who have already paid, if the minimum number of registered participants is not met. For any events where MOC needs a minimum number of participants, there will be absolutely no refunds of money if you or your guest(s) cancel.
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in MOC events.
- Details of this event are subject to undergo a change at any point in time, with or without warning.
- Questions about equipment or rentals? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Notice any errors or problems in the information on this page? Please notify our Content Editor(s), Amy Lipsius, at email@example.com.
|Cost & Payment:|
|Cost Includes:||Five meals, two nights of camping. There is also a $15 park entrance fee per car (since there is no guard on duty at night, this is on the honor system).|
|Payment Cut Off:||Payment must be received by the MOC on Wed, Oct 10 2007.|
|Make a Payment:||Click here for the details. PLEASE PAY AFTER YOU HAVE SIGNED UP BELOW.|
Please review our Cancellation Policy carefully!