Add EVENT to my Outlook Calendar
Add REGISTRATION REMINDER to my Outlook Calendar
Cowans Gap - Tuscarora Trail Hike
|Event Location:||Cowans Gap State Park, PA|
|Date(s) & Time:||Sat, Jul 28 2007 10:00 am (Carpool Departure: 8:00 am *log in for location*)|
|Registration Opens:||Wed, Jul 11 2007 12:00 am|
|Registration Cut Off:||Wed, Jul 25 2007 12:59 pm|
|Event Duration:||6-8 hrs|
|Difficulty Rating:||D5: Difficult|
|Event Organizer(s):||Sarven Sabunciyan|
Email Event Organizer(s)
You must be logged in to get the Event Organizer contact information.
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 18 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||23|
|Minimum Group Size:||5|
|Number Registered So Far:||5 / 0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||No|
|This strenuous 11.2 mile circuit hike at Buchanan State Forest Park in Pennsylvania has some of the better vistas in southern PA. The hike starts at the parking lot of a lake/beach area so bring your bathing suits and if people are interested, we have the option of going swimming after we finish. The elevation gain on this hike is about 2100 feet. However, the climbs are fairly steep in the beginning and at the end. Donít worry though; since there is a lot of flat land in between peaks, you will have ample time to recover. I should also mention that the two major descents are also challenging in that they are almost straight down (no switchbacks) and are hard on the knees. Accordingly, people with knee problems may want to skip this hike. Although I want to prepare and warn people, this hike isnít as difficult as it sounds and the surroundings certainly make it a worthwhile trip.|
|How to Get There:|
|Event Directions:||From Baltimore|
1. Take 695 to 70W towards Frederick. Follow directions below
From DC Take 270 towards Frederick. Follow directions below
1. I-70 W towards Frederick
2. Take exit 24 to merge onto MD-63 N/Williamsport Pike toward Huyett
3. Turn left at National Pike/US-40
4. Turn right at MD-57/St Paul Rd/St Pauls Church Rd
5. Turn left at Fairview Rd/MD-494
6. This road becomes PA-75/Loudon Rd once you cross into Pennsylvania.
7. Keep following PA-75. This road will wind and turn. (It will become Main street and also PA 416)
8. Turn left at Stumpy Lane
9. Turn left at Aughwick Rd/PA-1005 and park near the washrooms in the parking lot.
|Carpool to Event Distance (round trip):||0Mile(s)|
|Carpool Departure Time:||8:00 am|
|Carpool Location:||Log in for location|
|Carpool Directions:||Log in for directions|
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in MOC events.|
- Details of this event are subject to undergo a change at any point in time, with or without warning.
- Questions about equipment or rentals? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Notice any errors or problems in the information on this page? Please notify our Content Editor(s), Amy Lipsius, at email@example.com.
Please review our Cancellation Policy carefully!