Add EVENT to my Outlook Calendar
Add REGISTRATION REMINDER to my Outlook Calendar
"Off the Beaten Path" Bike Tour
|Event Location:||Jefferson Memorial on the National Mall, Washington, DC|
|Date(s) & Time:||Sat, Jul 28 2007 12:45 pm (Carpool Departure: 11:00 am *log in for location*)|
|Registration Opens:||Wed, Jul 11 2007 12:00 am|
|Registration Cut Off:||Wed, Jul 25 2007 12:59 pm|
|Event Duration:||~4 hrs|
|Difficulty Rating:||D3: Moderate|
|Event Organizer(s):||Lucas Fisher|
Email Event Organizer(s)
You must be logged in to get the Event Organizer contact information.
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 18 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||11|
|Minimum Group Size:||4|
|Number Registered So Far:||11 / 0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||No|
|Join the National Park Service for a bicycle tour of the National Mall's lesser known monuments. This is of the free tours given by the NPS every weekend through-out the summer. From the NPS National Mall Bike Tour|
Discover Lonely and Overlooked Landmarks. You may have seen them on a map, driven past them hundreds of times, or even walked up to one of them out of curiosity. What are they, who do they memorialize, and, more importantly, why are they here? In a city full of colossal and iconic memorials to great men and even greater deeds, these statues, urns, and symbolic gestures of friendship and remembrance can be found all over DC, yet, their stories have gone largely untold, until now. Find out the stories of these lonely landmarks from our Rangers.
We will meet at the Jefferson Memorial at 12:45pm. The tour starts promptly at 1pm and officially lasts until 4pm. Afterward, we may find some bike friendly eatery.
If you don't have a bike, information on rentals can be found at Bike Rentals
For more driving directions see:Directions
|How to Get There:|
|Event Directions:||From the Smithsonian station metro:|
1. Go West on Jefferson Dr towards the Washington Monument.
2. Turn left on 15th St.
3. Continue on Raoul Wallenberg Pl.
4. Cross Maine Ave. to East Basin Dr. on the left.
5. Follow E. Basin across the river to Potomac Park.
6. Turn right into the Jefferson Memorial.
1. Take MD-295 South to DC.
2. Take W US-50/New York Ave.
3. Take I-395 South.
4. Continue from DC.
1. From I-395 South take the first exit after the Maine Avenue split – East Potomac Park
2. Turn Right at the first stop sign.
3. Turn Right at the second stop sign (onto Buckeye Drive) then turn Right at the third stop sign (onto Ohio Drive).
4. The Potomac River will be on your left. You will approach three small parking lots on your right.
Park in any of these and ride to the Thomas Jefferson Memorial.
|Carpool to Event Distance (round trip):||0Mile(s)|
|Carpool Departure Time:||11:00 am|
|Carpool Location:||Log in for location|
|Carpool Directions:||Log in for directions|
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in MOC events.|
- Details of this event are subject to undergo a change at any point in time, with or without warning.
- Questions about equipment or rentals? Send them to email@example.com.
- Notice any errors or problems in the information on this page? Please notify our Content Editor(s), Amy Lipsius, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review our Cancellation Policy carefully!