Add EVENT to my Outlook Calendar
Add REGISTRATION REMINDER to my Outlook Calendar
Spring Camping in Shenandoah
|Event Location:||Shenandoah National Park, Dundo Group Site|
|Date(s) & Time:||Fri, Jun 1 2007 6:30 pm (Carpool Departure: 6:30 pm *log in for location*)|
|Registration Opens:||Wed, May 9 2007 12:00 am|
|Registration Cut Off:||Wed, May 23 2007 12:59 pm|
|Event Duration:||2 Days|
|Difficulty Rating:||D3: Moderate|
|Event Organizer(s):||Cynthia Hildenbrand|
Email Event Organizer(s)
You must be logged in to get the Event Organizer contact information.
|Member Cost:||$25.00/Person (See Detailed Cost Info Below)|
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 21 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||19|
|Minimum Group Size:||5|
|Number Registered So Far:||18 / 0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||Yes|
|The MOC's annual Camping Weekend in Shenandoah now has a Spring counterpart! This will be a bittersweet trip to the Dundo Campsite as it will be the last for the MOC. The NPS is closing the site permanently as of July 7, 2007. But don't worry, new group campsites which the MOC can use in the future are being completed by the NPS at other sites in the park.|
We will all join up on Friday at 6:30pm at the Vienna Metro Kiss and Ride to carpool to the campsite. This carpool is mandatory since there is limited parking at the camp site. On the way out to Shenandoah we will stop at an as-yet-to-be-determined restaurant to eat dinner. It will be dark by the time we get to the campsite so we recommend having a headlamp so that you will have your hands free to set up your tent. If this is your first time camping with a new tent, you may want to learn how to construct it before you are in Shenandoah. Trust me, you do not want to be trying to assemble your tent for the first time in the dark, with a normal flashlight, when a thunderstorm is rolling in. I had a "friend" who did that once and it wasn't pretty.
Saturday will start with breakfast followed by a moderate hike. Don't worry, we won't feed you scrambled eggs and then force you to go on a death march. We intend it to be an enjoyable hike. Snacks and food to create sandwiches for lunch will be provided. Once we return, it will be time to relax and enjoy the outdoors, each other's company, dinner, and, if you so choose, certain beverages that were once banned by a constitutional amendment (What were they thinking?!). Sunday will start with breakfast (go figure) and maybe a short hike if enough people are in the mood. Lunch for will also be provided for Sunday.
Dogs will be allowed on this event (as long as they are not one of the yappie, speed bump breeds, j/k) with the following stipulations for their own safety and since we will not be the only group in the campground. Leashes must be used from dusk until everyone is up and awake. While hiking, dogs can be off their leash as long as they won't run away or cause issues with other dogs including those we encounter on the trail.
We hope you are able to join us for this event!
|How to Get There:|
|Carpool to Event Distance (round trip):||0Mile(s)|
|Carpool Departure Time:||6:30 pm|
|Carpool Location:||Log in for location|
|Carpool Directions:||Log in for directions|
- Registration is NOT COMPLETE until you've signed up and paid by the registration cut off date. The money must be in the MOC's possession by that date. No exceptions.|
- When a minimum group size appears, this is to let you know that the event will be cancelled with refunds to those who have already paid, if the minimum number of registered participants is not met. For any events where MOC needs a minimum number of participants, there will be absolutely no refunds of money if you or your guest(s) cancel.
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in MOC events.
- Details of this event are subject to undergo a change at any point in time, with or without warning.
- Questions about equipment or rentals? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Notice any errors or problems in the information on this page? Please notify our Content Editor(s), Amy Lipsius, at email@example.com.
|Cost & Payment:|
|Cost Includes:||Five meals, two nights of camping. There is also a $15 park entrance fee per car (since there is no guard on duty at night, this is on the honor system).|
|Payment Cut Off:||Payment must be received by the MOC on Wed, May 23 2007.|
|Make a Payment:||Click here for the details. PLEASE PAY AFTER YOU HAVE SIGNED UP BELOW.|
Please review our Cancellation Policy carefully!