Add EVENT to my Outlook Calendar
Add REGISTRATION REMINDER to my Outlook Calendar
Intro to Canoeing on Moving Water
|Event Location:||Millville, WV|
|Date(s) & Time:||Sun, May 20 2007 8:45 am|
|Registration Opens:||Sun, Apr 29 2007 12:00 am|
|Registration Cut Off:||Sun, May 13 2007 12:59 pm|
|Event Duration:||~6 hr|
|Difficulty Rating:||D3: Moderate|
|Event Organizer(s):||Jerry Wright|
Email Event Organizer(s)
You must be logged in to get the Event Organizer contact information.
|Member Cost:||$60.00/Person (See Detailed Cost Info Below)|
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 18 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||21|
|Minimum Group Size:||9|
|Number Registered So Far:||2 / 0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||No|
|Introduction to canoeing on moving water is taught by an American Canoe Association certified instructor and conducted on Shenandoah River. Approximately 20 minutes land orientation with several hours practice on a 7 mile river trip during the morning from Myerstown to Shanandale Springs. This is intended for beginners or those with some experience but no training. It covers paddle selection, paddling technique, safety, rescue, boat recovery, reading current. People are free to leave after taking out from the AM trip. There is a large barbeque grill at the Millville location available for a club lunch cookout. During the afternoon there will be a recreational paddling time with canoes and kayaks from the Millville landing. Some basic kayak instruction can be provided by the organizer. Event ends approximately 3PM. Fee includes canoe, PFD, paddles, professional instructor and guide. In the event that the Shenandoah River is at an unsafe level, the trip will be re-routed to another river or creek if at all possible.|
For more info. see Rivertrail Outfitters
|How to Get There:|
|Event Directions:||From the Baltimore area:|
Take I-70W to Frederick.
From Washington DC:
Take I270 to 70 W. Immediately move to far right lane for exit 52.
For both: Take Exit 52 onto 340W for approximately 21 miles.
About 1 mile past Harper's Ferry park entrance, turn left onto Millville Rd. Right side of the intersection is Bakerton RD and left side has a large flea market area & sign.
Drive approximately 2 miles to River and Trail recreational site on the banks of the Shenandoah immediately after Millville.
- Registration is NOT COMPLETE until you've signed up and paid by the registration cut off date. The money must be in the MOC's possession by that date. No exceptions.|
- When a minimum group size appears, this is to let you know that the event will be cancelled with refunds to those who have already paid, if the minimum number of registered participants is not met. For any events where MOC needs a minimum number of participants, there will be absolutely no refunds of money if you or your guest(s) cancel.
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in MOC events.
- Details of this event are subject to undergo a change at any point in time, with or without warning.
- Questions about equipment or rentals? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Notice any errors or problems in the information on this page? Please notify our Content Editor(s), Amy Lipsius, at email@example.com.
|Cost & Payment:|
|Payment Cut Off:||Payment must be received by the MOC on Sun, May 13 2007.|
|Make a Payment:||Click here for the details. PLEASE PAY AFTER YOU HAVE SIGNED UP BELOW.|
Please review our Cancellation Policy carefully!