Add EVENT to my Outlook Calendar
Add REGISTRATION REMINDER to my Outlook Calendar
Whitewater Rafting - Gauley Marathon
|Event Location:||Fayetteville, West Virginia|
|Date(s) & Time:||Fri, Sep 22 2006 5:00 pm (Carpool Departure: 5:00 pm *log in for location*)|
|Registration Opens:||Fri, Sep 8 2006 12:00 am|
|Registration Cut Off:||Fri, Sep 22 2006 12:59 pm|
|Event Duration:||All weekend|
|Difficulty Rating:||D4: Moderate to Difficult|
|Event Organizer(s):||Lora Polowczuk|
Email Event Organizer(s)
You must be logged in to get the Event Organizer contact information.
|Member Cost:||$231.00/Person (See Detailed Cost Info Below)|
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 18 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||24|
|Minimum Group Size:||8|
|Number Registered So Far:||19 / 0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||No|
|Come join us for an exciting day of rafting down the Upper and Lower Gauley River in Fayetteville, West Virginia on September 22-24! On Saturday, we'll raft the fearsome Gauley River. The river passes through scenic gorges and valleys containing a wide variety of natural features. |
The trip will begin at the base of the Summersville Dam where you will witness the release of raging whitewater shooting from 3 colossal tubes! Dropping 26 feet per mile through a gorge that averages 500 feet in depth, the Gauley is famous for its outstanding whitewater. This is a truly world-class whitewater rafting trip that offers more than 103 action-packed rapids over 26 miles. Five of these are class V, and with names like Insignificant, Pillow Rock, and Lost Paddle, there are sure to be plenty of stories at day's end. This is rated one of the world's best one-day rafting adventures. Donít believe us? Check out last year's adventure.
Previous paddling experience is strongly recommended!
Sunday we wake up to a delicious breakfast prepared by our own Carrie Graff. Sunday will be a free day; the area offers hiking and other activites can be organized such as rock climbing, rappeling. mountain biking, or kayaking. The MOC organizers can help organize theses activities for you but they MUST be organized in advance of the trip. (Please indicate your interest in the notes field when signing up.) Any costs for the Sunday activity are your responnsibility and are not included in the cost of this trip.
The logistics: We will be leaving DC Friday afternoon, so you may need to leave work a bit early. The cost of this trip includes rafting on Saturday; camping Friday and Saturday nights; breakfast, lunch, and dinner Saturday, and breakfast and on Sunday. (Meals on your own: dinner Friday night, lunch Sunday.)
Depending on weather conditions the weekend of the event, you may want to rent a wetsuit from the outfitter. This can be decided on the day of the event.
|How to Get There:|
|Event Directions:||Please see directions to the carpool below.|
|Carpool to Event Distance (round trip):||0Mile(s)|
|Carpool Departure Time:||5:00 pm|
|Carpool Location:||Log in for location|
|Carpool Directions:||Log in for directions|
Previous paddling experience is strongly recommended.|
- Registration is NOT COMPLETE until you've signed up and paid by the registration cut off date. The money must be in the MOC's possession by that date. No exceptions.
- When a minimum group size appears, this is to let you know that the event will be cancelled with refunds to those who have already paid, if the minimum number of registered participants is not met. For any events where MOC needs a minimum number of participants, there will be absolutely no refunds of money if you or your guest(s) cancel.
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in MOC events.
- Details of this event are subject to undergo a change at any point in time, with or without warning.
- Questions about equipment or rentals? Send them to email@example.com.
- Notice any errors or problems in the information on this page? Please notify our Content Editor(s), Amy Lipsius, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Cost & Payment:|
|Cost Includes:||Rafting, two nights camping, and lunch on Saturday; two breakfasts and dinner on Saturday night.|
|Payment Cut Off:||Payment must be received by the MOC on Fri, Sep 22 2006.|
|Make a Payment:||Click here for the details. PLEASE PAY AFTER YOU HAVE SIGNED UP BELOW.|
Please review our Cancellation Policy carefully!
*Note: You can cancel up until September 1 for a full refund of your money. After September 1, there will be no refunds unless the event is cancelled due to lack of interest or severe weather.