Add EVENT to my Outlook Calendar
Add REGISTRATION REMINDER to my Outlook Calendar
Trip to the Canadian Rockies!
|Event Location:||Calgary, Alberta, Canada|
|Date(s) & Time:||Thu, Jul 26 2007 6:00 am|
|Registration Opens:||Fri, Jul 6 2007 12:00 am|
|Registration Cut Off:||Fri, Jul 20 2007 12:59 pm|
|Event Duration:||Flexible dates (over a two-week period)|
|Difficulty Rating:||D4: Moderate to Difficult|
|Event Organizer(s):||Rhonda Scheurer|
Email Event Organizer(s)
You must be logged in to get the Event Organizer contact information.
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 18 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||20|
|Minimum Group Size:||1|
|Number Registered So Far:||2 / 0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||No|
|Your hostess/coordinator, Rhonda, is a long-time Outdoor Club member, starting with the Atlanta Outdoor Club in 2001, who then founded the Calgary Outdoor Club in 2003, where she was the president until October 2005. In early 2006, she started the Calgary Culture Club. In fall 2006, she coordinated a trip to Atlanta which brought folks down from Calgary and Toronto (yet another spin-off club). Rhonda
is now planning a trip with plans of enticing folks from the Atlanta, Maryland, Toronto, and Edmonton Outdoor Clubs to come explore and enjoy the Canadian Rockies, as well as other goodies in the Calgary area. Rhonda will be planning activities specifically for the out-of-town visitors for the dates of July 26 through August 7 2007. You choose your exact dates depending on your time and budget.|
Please visit Rhonda's special page on the Calgary Outdoor Club site that she will update periodically with information about the trip--especially about specific group activities during your stay.
What you're responsible for:
- Book your flights and notify the trip coordinator of your arrival/departure times
- Book your accommodation at one of the places in Motel Village. Motel Village is right at a C-Train (LRT) station and all of your activities will be easily accessible from there. If you want to book in someplace else, you're welcome to do that, but keep in mind that getting to and from your events may be more difficult as a result.
- Transportation while in the area. You will be able to easily get by without renting a car. Cab fare from the airport to Motel Village will be approximately $40CDN.
What will be done for you:
- Event planning. Rhonda knows what kinds of activities you will want to do when you're in Calgary and she will plan accordingly, including coordinating some events herself, and arranging coordinators for other activities that she won't be participating in. All requests will be accommodated to the best of her ability, but keep in mind that you will still have some free time, and some activities (such as mountain climbing) are outside the scope of the COC (unless a professional guide with insurance is hired).
- Information and coordination: Rhonda will keep track of everyone's travel and activity plans and preferences on a separate web page (see link above).
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in MOC events.|
- Details of this event are subject to undergo a change at any point in time, with or without warning.
- Questions about equipment or rentals? Send them to email@example.com.
- Notice any errors or problems in the information on this page? Please notify our Content Editor(s), Amy Lipsius, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Cost Includes:||PARTICIPANTS MUST MAKE ALL AIR TRAVEL, LOCAL TRANSPORTATION, AND LODGING ARRANGEMENTS BEFORE ARRIVING. Participants are also responsible for meals and all group activity costs as outlined in the details of this event.|
Please review our Cancellation Policy carefully!