Add EVENT to my Outlook Calendar
Add REGISTRATION REMINDER to my Outlook Calendar
Shenandoah Camping Weekend
|Event Location:||Shenandoah National Park, Dundo Group Site|
|Date(s) & Time:||Fri, Oct 21 2005 6:00 pm (Carpool Departure: 6:00 pm *log in for location*)|
|Registration Opens:||Mon, Oct 3 2005 12:00 am|
|Registration Cut Off:||Mon, Oct 17 2005 12:59 pm|
|Event Duration:||2 days|
|Difficulty Rating:||D4: Moderate to Difficult|
|Event Organizer(s):||Colin Babb|
Email Event Organizer(s)
You must be logged in to get the Event Organizer contact information.
|Member Cost:||$21.00/Person (See Detailed Cost Info Below)|
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 18 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||18|
|Minimum Group Size:||8|
|Number Registered So Far:||16 / 0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||Yes|
|Hey everyone, it’s time for the second annual Shenandoah weekend camping trip to see the beautiful foliage of fall in Virgina's mountains! As last years’ archives will attest, this trip is a treat for the eyes and the taste buds, as well as full of laughs. We will be offering up some of the best views Shenandoah has to offer during what I hope to be peak color season, as well as tasty backcountry cuisine to tempt the taste buds. For those of you who attended last year, I promise I won’t be making one pancake at a time! |
Okay, the logistics: We will leave from the Vienna metro on our way out of town Friday night and stop for dinner in Front Royal. We will camp at Dundo group camp site in the southern district of the park Friday night and hopefully awake to a great day to hike one of the beautiful trails in the park. Upon return to the campsite Saturday night, we will indulge ourselves in food and drink and hopefully fun stories of past adventures. Sunday morning there will be breakfast and an optional easier hike as we head out of the park. A regathering for lunch in Front Royal on Sunday will also be an option and was a crowd favorite last year.
Meals provided in the cost are two breakfasts, one lunch, and one dinner. Please bring money for park entrance fee ($10 per vehicle) and dinner Friday and Sunday evening if participating.
This is a dog friendly hike so I encourage dog owners to bring their four-legged friends, even if you have never camped with them before…I am more than happy to help anyone out!
|How to Get There:|
|Event Directions:||Everyone meets at carpool; see directions below.|
|Carpool to Event Distance (round trip):||0Mile(s)|
|Carpool Departure Time:||6:00 pm|
|Carpool Location:||Log in for location|
|Carpool Directions:||Log in for directions|
I'd like info on the dogs that will be attending as to breed, behavior, and special needs.|
- Registration is NOT COMPLETE until you've signed up and paid by the registration cut off date. The money must be in the MOC's possession by that date. No exceptions.
- When a minimum group size appears, this is to let you know that the event will be cancelled with refunds to those who have already paid, if the minimum number of registered participants is not met. For any events where MOC needs a minimum number of participants, there will be absolutely no refunds of money if you or your guest(s) cancel.
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in MOC events.
- Details of this event are subject to undergo a change at any point in time, with or without warning.
- Questions about equipment or rentals? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Notice any errors or problems in the information on this page? Please notify our Content Editor(s), Amy Lipsius, at email@example.com.
|Cost & Payment:|
|Cost Includes:||Four meals, and cost of group camping site at Dundo.|
|Payment Cut Off:||Payment must be received by the MOC on Mon, Oct 17 2005.|
|Make a Payment:||Click here for the details. PLEASE PAY AFTER YOU HAVE SIGNED UP BELOW.|
Please review our Cancellation Policy carefully!
*Note: You can choose to arrive at any time during this trip, however, there are no discounts offered for partial attendance. You can cancel up until Oct. 17th for a full refund of your money. After Oct. 17th, reservations will have been made (and your money already paid to the outfitter to book your spot), and there will be no refunds.