Add EVENT to my Outlook Calendar
Add REGISTRATION REMINDER to my Outlook Calendar
Kayak the Chesapeake Bay Wknd
|Event Location:||Janes Island State Park, Crisfield, MD|
|Date(s) & Time:||Fri, Sep 30 2005 9:00 pm (Carpool Departure: 7:00 pm *log in for location*)|
|Registration Opens:||Thu, Sep 1 2005 12:00 am|
|Registration Cut Off:||Thu, Sep 15 2005 12:59 pm|
|Event Duration:||Two days|
|Difficulty Rating:||D2: Easy to Moderate|
|Event Organizer(s):||Colin Babb|
Email Event Organizer(s)
You must be logged in to get the Event Organizer contact information.
|Member Cost:||$93.00/Person (See Detailed Cost Info Below)|
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 18 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||30|
|Minimum Group Size:||15|
|Number Registered So Far:||7 / 0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||No|
|Come for a weekend of exploring Crisfield, the Chesapeake Bay, and Janes Island State Park. Saturday morning we will get our kayaks, some instruction in their use, and then go out for a day of exploring Janes Island by kayak and foot. We will explore the water trails, hike on the island, observe and photograph the wildlife. We will have use of the kayaks until Sunday, so you will be free to take them out Saturday evening and early Sunday morning.|
But be back on Saturday in time for the crab feast! Come devour local crabs at their best (everyone knows fall is the best time for crabs; plus this is CRISFIELD!). Our outfitter will arrange a crab feast that includes crabs, corn, drinks, brownies and such. With a little luck, we will be able to enjoy our crab feast while watching the sun go down over the bay as the fire keeps us warm.
We are free to use the kayaks in the evening or to get up early and go out to observe the wildllife on Sunday morning. There are two nesting pairs of Bald Eagles, Osprey, and Herons nearby, plus it is the beginning of the fall migration (who knows what will show up?)
Of course, in the tradition of MOC, there will be breakfast on Saturday and Sunday, plus a lunch on Saturday.
A description of Janes Island State Park, facilities and trails can be found here
|How to Get There:|
|Event Directions:||The park is in Somerset County near Crisfield. Take Route 50 across the Bay Bridge and continue on 50 until you reach Salisbury; continue on the 50 “beltway” around Salisbury (not the Business 50 which goes through town). This goes right into RT 13. Take RT 13 from Salisbury to Westover. Then take a right on RT 413 and go approximately 11 miles to Plantation Road, where you make a right turn. Go 1 1/2 miles to park entrance (Alfred Lawson Drive, right turn).|
|Carpool to Event Distance (round trip):||0Mile(s)|
|Carpool Departure Time:||7:00 pm|
|Carpool Location:||Log in for location|
|Carpool Directions:||Log in for directions|
The sun on the water will be STRONG! And the nights on the bay can be chilly at the end of September.|
Those not camping Friday night should plan on being there no later than 9:30 AM Saturday to get organized and get the kayaks.
- Registration is NOT COMPLETE until you've signed up and paid by the registration cut off date. The money must be in the MOC's possession by that date. No exceptions.
- When a minimum group size appears, this is to let you know that the event will be cancelled with refunds to those who have already paid, if the minimum number of registered participants is not met. For any events where MOC needs a minimum number of participants, there will be absolutely no refunds of money if you or your guest(s) cancel.
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in MOC events.
- Details of this event are subject to undergo a change at any point in time, with or without warning.
- Questions about equipment or rentals? Send them to email@example.com.
- Notice any errors or problems in the information on this page? Please notify our Content Editor(s), Amy Lipsius, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Cost & Payment:|
|Cost Includes:||Kayak rental for all day Sat. and Sun. morning, crab feast on Sat. night, campsite fee, and food for breakfast Sat. and Sun. and lunch on Sat.|
|Payment Cut Off:||Payment must be received by the MOC on Thu, Sep 15 2005.|
|Make a Payment:||Click here for the details. PLEASE PAY AFTER YOU HAVE SIGNED UP BELOW.|
Please review our Cancellation Policy carefully!