Add EVENT to my Outlook Calendar
Add REGISTRATION REMINDER to my Outlook Calendar
X-C Skiing/Snowshoeing Wknd III
|Event Location:||Oakland, MD (Deep Creek Lake)|
|Date(s) & Time:||Fri, Feb 11 2005 10:00 pm (Carpool Departure: 6:30 pm *log in for location*)|
|Registration Opens:||Sat, Jan 15 2005 12:00 am|
|Registration Cut Off:||Sat, Jan 29 2005 12:59 pm|
|Event Duration:||All weekend|
|Difficulty Rating:||D4: Moderate to Difficult|
|Event Organizer(s):||Jesse Allen|
Email Event Organizer(s)
You must be logged in to get the Event Organizer contact information.
|Member Cost:||$120.00/Person (See Detailed Cost Info Below)|
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 21 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||20|
|Minimum Group Size:||20|
|Number Registered So Far:||2 / 0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||No|
|font class=warningYou must pay for the event when you register. If you are mailing a check, please indicate that in the Notes field./font brbr Come to Deep Creek for something OTHER than downhill skiing in winter! We'll drive up Friday evening to our luxurious cabin, enjoy a little pleasant social chatter, then settle in for a cold winter's nap (in a warm home, of course). Then a good breakfast before exploring the winter wonderland of Deep Creek on cross country skis or snowshoes for the day! Possible day destinations include Deep Creek Lake State Park (some ungroomed trails and a good climb up the hill), Swallowtail Falls (beautiful ice covered waterfall), or Herrington Manor (groomed trails winding through the woods specially for X-C skiers: very nice!). After a very full and active day (please note the Moderate to Difficult rating for this event: we MIGHT be able to split our group in two for the day to accomodate the less demanding athletes, but attendees should not count on this: we recommend Hiking and Hot Tubs for the more decadently oriented members), we'll come home and relax with wine, cheese, and perhaps a relaxing soak in the deck hot tub. Rumour has it we might be importing a Swiss Chef specially for the occasion! brbr The next day we'll head into the hills again for another round of winter adventuring before heading home. Everyone that participates will be responsible for cleaning up on Sunday before we check out. brbr Please note that sleeping accomodations are double occupancy, so you most likely be sharing sleeping space with someone. The cabin features the following beds: King & Daybed with Trundle, King, King, King, Queen, Queen, 2 Twin Rollaways, Queen Sleep Sofa, Queen Sleep Sofa. brbr Other cabin features include a hot tub, free internet access, a pool table, 2 fire places, and 9 TVs! Pets and smoking are prohibited. brbr font class=warningFor this event, we would like everyone to plan on meeting at the carpool location due to the long travel distance and the extremely limited parking at the cabin./font brbr|
|How to Get There:|
|Carpool to Event Distance (round trip):||0Mile(s)|
|Carpool Departure Time:||6:30 pm|
|Carpool Location:||Log in for location|
|Carpool Directions:||Log in for directions|
- Registration is NOT COMPLETE until you've signed up and paid by the registration cut off date. The money must be in the MOC's possession by that date. No exceptions.|
- When a minimum group size appears, this is to let you know that the event will be cancelled with refunds to those who have already paid, if the minimum number of registered participants is not met. For any events where MOC needs a minimum number of participants, there will be absolutely no refunds of money if you or your guest(s) cancel.
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in MOC events.
- Details of this event are subject to undergo a change at any point in time, with or without warning.
- Questions about equipment or rentals? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Notice any errors or problems in the information on this page? Please notify our Content Editor(s), Amy Lipsius, at email@example.com.
|Cost & Payment:|
|Cost Includes:||Two nights shared accomodations, three meals on Saturday, two meals on Sunday, ski/snowshoe rental and processing fees.|
|Payment Cut Off:||Payment must be received by the MOC on Sat, Jan 29 2005.|
|Make a Payment:||Click here for the details. PLEASE PAY AFTER YOU HAVE SIGNED UP BELOW.|
Please review our Cancellation Policy carefully!
*Note: You can cancel up until January 25th for a full refund of your money. After January 25th, there will be no refunds unless the event is cancelled due to lack of interest or severe weather.