Add EVENT to my Outlook Calendar
Add REGISTRATION REMINDER to my Outlook Calendar
Green Ridge Camping Weekend
|Event Location:||Green Ridge State Forest, Flintstone, MD|
|Date(s) & Time:||Fri, Oct 17 2014 6:00 pm|
|Registration Opens:||Fri, Sep 12 2014 1:00 am|
|Registration Cut Off:||Thu, Oct 16 2014 11:00 pm|
|Event Duration:||2 Days|
|Difficulty Rating:||D3: Moderate|
|Event Organizer(s):||Colin Babb|
Email Event Organizer(s)
You must be logged in to get the Event Organizer contact information.
|Member Cost:||$15.00/Person (See Detailed Cost Info Below)|
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 21 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||20|
|Minimum Group Size:||4|
|Number Registered So Far:||5 / 0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||Yes|
This is a return trip to one of our favorite spots, the lovely Green Ridge State Forest. The park has 47,000 acres of forest and multiple trails through a variety of environments. We'll be doing a moderate hike of about 10 miles or so on Saturday, and a short hike on Sunday morning. This will be car camping at a group site, where the main meals of breakfast and dinner provided (lunch and snacks will be on your own). I'll be bringing a canopy, but if anyone else has one let me know (the more the merrier). There's always the chance of rain, but these types of trips can still be a lot of fun even when they're wet, so don't despair (but do bring gear for weather fair or foul). A firmer itinerary of the hikes will be posted as it gets closer to the event. Please note that this is primitive camping, and the only facility at the campsite will be a portajohn.
Because people often leave work on Fridays at various times, there is no official carpool for this event. I strongly encourage everyone, however, to make their own arrangements and find carpoolers near them. The campsite will be G7 (see link to park site and map below). Please note, though, that once off of the interstate, the roads in the park are gravel and rock, and sometimes can be rough in places.
|How to Get There:|
From Washington/Baltimore: (Travel time approximately 2 hours.) Take I-70 west to I-68 west. Take exit #68 (Old Orleans Road) or #62 (15 Mile Creek Road). Taking exit 68, though longer in distance, might be faster since it follows the main road and there are fewer sharp turns than right after exit 62. You can see where G7 campsite is on the park map on the right side of the link ">http://www.dnr.state.md.us/publiclands/western/greenridgeforest.asp"> here (G7 is right by a binoculars graphic in the middle of the map, at the intersection of Stafford and Mertens Roads).
- Registration is NOT COMPLETE until you've signed up and paid by the registration cut off date. The money must be in the MOC's possession by that date. No exceptions.|
- When a minimum group size appears, this is to let you know that the event will be cancelled with refunds to those who have already paid, if the minimum number of registered participants is not met. For any events where MOC needs a minimum number of participants, there will be absolutely no refunds of money if you or your guest(s) cancel.
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in MOC events.
- Details of this event are subject to undergo a change at any point in time, with or without warning.
- Questions about equipment or rentals? Send them to email@example.com.
- Notice any errors or problems in the information on this page? Please notify our Content Editor(s), Amy Lipsius, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Cost & Payment:|
Two nights for campsite, portajohn rental, four meals.
|Payment Cut Off:||Payment must be received by the MOC on Thu, Oct 16 2014.|
|Make a Payment:||Click here for the details. PLEASE PAY AFTER YOU HAVE SIGNED UP BELOW.|
Please review our Cancellation Policy carefully!