Add EVENT to my Outlook Calendar
Add REGISTRATION REMINDER to my Outlook Calendar
|Event Location:||HAMMERMAN BEACH|
|Date(s) & Time:||Sat, Jun 7 2014 11:00 am|
|Registration Opens:||Mon, Jun 2 2014 7:01 pm|
|Registration Cut Off:||Sat, Jun 7 2014 8:01 am|
|Event Duration:||3 Hours 1 Minutes|
|Difficulty Rating:||D3: Moderate|
|Event Organizer(s):||doug hanford|
Email Event Organizer(s)
You must be logged in to get the Event Organizer contact information.
|Member Cost:||$25.00/Person (See Detailed Cost Info Below)|
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, All Ages|
|Maximum Group Size:||0|
|Minimum Group Size:||0|
|Number Registered So Far:||1 / 0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||No|
Come spend a relaxing afternoon kayaking on the flatwater at Gunpowder Falls State Park. This will be the fourth year I have done this event and it is always a lot of fun. Rent "sit on top" kayaks for one hour, two hours, or the entire day and explore the waters with the group, or venture off on your own. If you are interested you can also rent wind surfers, Catamarans, and Stand Up Paddleboards. Prices and directions can be found on the website, but if you rent a two-person kayak it will be about 20 dollars each for two hours. While exploring the water trails we often see beavers, osprey, blue herons, and sometimes eagles. After we spend some time getting exercise, we can head over to the Wild Duck and have some food on the water while listening to live music. I recommend bringing a change of clothing, water, sun screen, and going potty before getting on the water since it is illegal to beach the kayak anywhere but the park.
- We usually go out for a couple of hours, but you can go for more or less if you want, and then head to Sunset Cove for lunch. Sunset Cove is an outside bar/restaurant located in Essex. People who own their own kayaks are welcome to bring them as well. We will be meeting at 11:00 by the picnic tables next too the kayak rental area.
15 people are already coming
|How to Get There:|
Gunpowder Falls State Park
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in MOC events.|
- Details of this event are subject to undergo a change at any point in time, with or without warning.
- Questions about equipment or rentals? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Notice any errors or problems in the information on this page? Please notify our Content Editor(s), Amy Lipsius, at email@example.com.
enterance to park, and rental
|Make a Payment:||Although there is a cost for this event, you do not pay through the MOC. Please review the event details carefully for information about how/where to make your payment.|
Please review our Cancellation Policy carefully!