Add EVENT to my Outlook Calendar
Add REGISTRATION REMINDER to my Outlook Calendar
Intro to flatwater kayaking
|Event Location:||Patapsco River Daniels Dam area|
|Date(s) & Time:||Sun, Jun 16 2013 10:00 am|
|Registration Opens:||Tue, May 21 2013 1:20 pm|
|Registration Cut Off:||Fri, Jun 14 2013 1:20 pm|
|Event Duration:||5 Hours|
|Difficulty Rating:||D2: Easy to Moderate|
|Event Organizer(s):||Jerry Wright|
Email Event Organizer(s)
You must be logged in to get the Event Organizer contact information.
|Member Cost:||$7.00/Person (See Detailed Cost Info Below)|
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 18 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||10|
|Minimum Group Size:||2|
|Number Registered So Far:||4 / 0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||No|
This is a lesson in solo recreational kayaking taught by an ACA certified instructor. Basic instruction time is about 2 hrs on flatwater. After a basic manuver skills, we will paddle upstream on the flatwater section behind Daniels Dam and continue learning about boat recovery/reentry and other skills. Instruction will be in solo kayaks, no tandems.
For a boat, paddle and life jacket, you can rent from Chesapeake Kayak Adventures.
Prepaid reservations allow us to start on time.
|How to Get There:|
For mapping, use 2100 Daniels Road, Ellicott City, MD
From Baltimore: I-70 West. Turn onto US29 N which ends in about 1/4 mile. Take a right on Rogers Ave, go about 1/2 mile to the roundabout, take the 3rd exit which is Old Frederick Road. go about 1/2 mile and turn left onto Daniels Road and go about 1 mile into the park. There is a large parking lot about 100 yards past the river access point.
Watch closely for the turn to Daniels Road as both sign and intersection are overgrown and easily missed; it's immediately after Holly Springs Ct which is clearly marked.
DC: take US 29 N to the end and follow Balt directions.
- Registration is NOT COMPLETE until you've signed up and paid by the registration cut off date. The money must be in the MOC's possession by that date. No exceptions.|
- When a minimum group size appears, this is to let you know that the event will be cancelled with refunds to those who have already paid, if the minimum number of registered participants is not met. For any events where MOC needs a minimum number of participants, there will be absolutely no refunds of money if you or your guest(s) cancel.
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in MOC events.
- Details of this event are subject to undergo a change at any point in time, with or without warning.
- Questions about equipment or rentals? Send them to email@example.com.
- Notice any errors or problems in the information on this page? Please notify our Content Editor(s), Amy Lipsius, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Cost & Payment:|
This is the instructors cost only. Kayak rental is separate and done directly with the outfitter.
|Payment Cut Off:||Payment must be received by the MOC on Fri, Jun 14 2013.|
|Make a Payment:||Click here for the details. PLEASE PAY AFTER YOU HAVE SIGNED UP BELOW.|
Please review our Cancellation Policy carefully!