Add EVENT to my Outlook Calendar
Add REGISTRATION REMINDER to my Outlook Calendar
|Event Location:||Antietam Creek|
|Date(s) & Time:||Sun, Jul 15 2012 10:00 am (Carpool Departure: 8:15 am *log in for location*)|
|Registration Opens:||Wed, Jun 27 2012 8:29 am|
|Registration Cut Off:||Fri, Jul 13 2012 5:00 pm|
|Event Duration:||7 Hours|
|Difficulty Rating:||D3: Moderate|
|Event Organizer(s):||Jerry Wright|
Email Event Organizer(s)
You must be logged in to get the Event Organizer contact information.
|Member Cost:||$12.00/Person (See Detailed Cost Info Below)|
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 18 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||6|
|Minimum Group Size:||2|
|Number Registered So Far:||4 / 0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||No|
This is a lesson in solo recreational kayaking taught by an ACA certified instructor followed by a downstream trip. Instruction time is about 2 hrs on flatwater. After a break for lunch, we continue down Antietam creek for the moving water portion of instruction.
Instructors costs - prepaid thru MOC only.
|How to Get There:|
For mapping, Devils Backbone county park is at 19005 Lappans Road, Boonsboro, Maryland 21713. Antietam Creek Canoe is located across the street. Detailed directions to the park are on the Antietam Creek Canoe web site.
|Carpool to Event Distance (round trip):||130Mile(s)|
|Carpool Departure Time:||8:15 am|
|Carpool Location:||Log in for location|
|Carpool Directions:||Log in for directions|
Approximate vehicle expense for this event is $52.00 (calculated at total miles (130) * $0.400, effective Sunday, February 17, 2019). This is based on the current gas, maintenance, and other costs of $0.400 per mile as stated by the IRS & Cars.com. This should be divided by the total number of people in the vehicle (incl driver).|
For example: With 4 people in the vehicle, the expense per person on this trip would be $13.00. Alternately your carpool driver may choose to split the maintenance cost plus the actual gas cost among all in the vehicle. Your carpool driver will confirm exactly how much money they require to cover costs. Please split the actual cost among all people in the vehicle.
Additional advice: The cost of your trip is up to your driver. Your cost should not be greater than what is listed above, unless there is extenuating circumstances. If you want to be sure about the cost of the trip, check with your driver before you get into the vehicle. If you are the driver of the vehicle, this is a guideline to what you charge and not a rule.
- Registration is NOT COMPLETE until you've signed up and paid by the registration cut off date. The money must be in the MOC's possession by that date. No exceptions.|
- When a minimum group size appears, this is to let you know that the event will be cancelled with refunds to those who have already paid, if the minimum number of registered participants is not met. For any events where MOC needs a minimum number of participants, there will be absolutely no refunds of money if you or your guest(s) cancel.
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in MOC events.
- Details of this event are subject to undergo a change at any point in time, with or without warning.
- Questions about equipment or rentals? Send them to email@example.com.
- Notice any errors or problems in the information on this page? Please notify our Content Editor(s), Amy Lipsius, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Cost & Payment:|
Instructors costs only. Kayak rental, if needed, is separate.
|Payment Cut Off:||Payment must be received by the MOC on Fri, Jul 13 2012.|
|Make a Payment:||Click here for the details. PLEASE PAY AFTER YOU HAVE SIGNED UP BELOW.|
Please review our Cancellation Policy carefully!
Cancelled only if the outfitter cancels rentals due to creek conditions.