Add EVENT to my Outlook Calendar
Add REGISTRATION REMINDER to my Outlook Calendar
Organizer Clinic: MD Hgts Hike&Lunch
|Event Location:||Harpers Ferry, WV|
|Date(s) & Time:||Sun, Jan 22 2012 10:00 am|
|Registration Opens:||Fri, Jan 6 2012 12:00 am|
|Registration Cut Off:||Fri, Jan 20 2012 12:59 pm|
|Event Duration:||~6 hours|
|Difficulty Rating:||D4: Moderate to Difficult|
|Event Organizer(s):||Jen A|
Email Event Organizer(s)
You must be logged in to get the Event Organizer contact information.
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 18 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||20|
|Minimum Group Size:||8|
|Number Registered So Far:||9 / 0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||No|
Want to organize an event with MOC? This event is for you! Join us for a hike and lunch in Harpers Ferry. Current MOC organizers will be on hand to answer any questions you might have about organizing an event.
We’ll get our ideas flowing during the five mile hike at Maryland Heights, and then share our ideas during a post-lunch hike. We can even help you get started with posting and promoting your event.
We'll meet at the Harpers Ferry National Historic Park Visitor's center at 10 a.m. and take the Park Service shuttle into the town of Harpers Ferry. Right now, we don't have a carpool established for this event. Depending on group size and the direction people are coming from, we can set up a carpool closer to the event. Please indicate in the notes section if you are interested in carpooling.
|How to Get There:|
|Event Directions:||From Northern Virginia:|
* From Interstate 495 West take the left exit (EXIT 45) and merge onto VA-267 West, the Dulles Toll Road (stay in local lanes, not express airport traffic lanes) / Dulles Greenway toward Leesburg (Portions toll).
* Follow to Exit 1, VA-7 W on the left toward Leesburg/Warrenton.
* Take the VA-9 exit toward Hillsboro / Charles Town, WV merging to the right onto Charles Town Pike / VA-9.
* After approximately 10 miles on VA-9 you will come to a light where you will bear right onto VA-671 N / Harpers Ferry Road. Follow this road until it ends at the lighted intersection of US 340 / Jefferson Pike.
* Turn left onto 340. Follow US-340 N to the four way intersection in Harpers Ferry (approximately 2.5 miles), staying in the left lane.
* Turn left at the light (you will see a large sign for the Park) and continue through to the entrance station.
* Take I-695 (Baltimore Beltway) west toward Catonsville/Towson
* Exit onto I-70 west toward Frederick, Maryland
* Continue west on I-70 past Frederick for about 1 mile
* Take Exit #52 onto U.S. Route 340 (Charles Town and Leesburg exit)
* Continue south/west on U.S. Route 340 to Harpers Ferry (22 miles)
* Cross the Potomac and Shenandoah Rivers
* After crossing second bridge (Shenandoah River) proceed to stoplight at top of hill. Turn left into the main entrance of the park.
cash advance loans in one hour
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in MOC events.|
- Details of this event are subject to undergo a change at any point in time, with or without warning.
- Questions about equipment or rentals? Send them to email@example.com.
- Notice any errors or problems in the information on this page? Please notify our Content Editor(s), Amy Lipsius, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review our Cancellation Policy carefully!