Add EVENT to my Outlook Calendar
Add REGISTRATION REMINDER to my Outlook Calendar
Flatwater Kayaking/Stand up Paddle Boarding
|Event Location:||Hammarman beach|
|Date(s) & Time:||Sat, Aug 20 2011 11:30 am|
|Registration Opens:||Sat, Aug 6 2011 12:00 am|
|Registration Cut Off:||Sat, Aug 20 2011 12:59 pm|
|Event Duration:||2+ hours|
|Difficulty Rating:||D3: Moderate|
|Event Organizer(s):||doug hanford|
Email Event Organizer(s)
You must be logged in to get the Event Organizer contact information.
|Member Cost:||$20.00/Person (See Detailed Cost Info Below)|
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, All Ages|
|Maximum Group Size:||20|
|Minimum Group Size:||2|
|Number Registered So Far:||2 / 0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||No|
|Come spend a relaxing afternoon kayaking on the flatwater at Gunpowder Falls State Park. This will be the fourth year I have done this event and it is always a lot of fun. Rent "sit on top" kayaks for one hour, two hours, or the entire day and explore the waters with the group, or venture off on your own. If you are interested you can also rent wind surfers, catamarans, and stand up paddle boards. Prices and directions can be found on the website, but if you rent a two-person kayak it will be about 15 dollars each for two hours, or two for the day. While exploring the water trails we often see beavers, ospreys, blue herons, and sometimes eagles. After we spend time getting some exercise, we can head over to the Wild Duck and have some food on the water while listening to live music. I recommend bringing a change of clothing, water, sunscreen, and going potty before getting on the water since it is illegal to beach the kayak anywhere but the park.|
- you can also rent paddle boards for 25$ an hour, i did this last weekend and it is a great workout and pretty easy to understand. Visit the outfitter's website here.
|How to Get There:|
|Event Directions:||Gunpowder Falls State Park, Hammerman Area, 7200 Graces Quarters Rd.|
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in MOC events.|
- Details of this event are subject to undergo a change at any point in time, with or without warning.
- Questions about equipment or rentals? Send them to email@example.com.
- Notice any errors or problems in the information on this page? Please notify our Content Editor(s), Amy Lipsius, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Cost & Payment:|
|Cost Includes:||Kayak rental; cost depends on what you rent and how long you rent it. Please check website for costs.|
|Make a Payment:||Although there is a cost for this event, you do not pay through the MOC. Please review the event details carefully for information about how/where to make your payment.|
Please review our Cancellation Policy carefully!