Add EVENT to my Outlook Calendar
Add REGISTRATION REMINDER to my Outlook Calendar
Western Maryland Camping: Green Ridge
|Event Location:||Green Ridge State Forest, MD|
|Date(s) & Time:||Fri, May 20 2011 5:30 pm (Carpool Departure: 5:30 pm *log in for location*)|
|Registration Opens:||Mon, May 2 2011 12:00 am|
|Registration Cut Off:||Mon, May 16 2011 12:59 pm|
|Event Duration:||All weekend|
|Difficulty Rating:||D3: Moderate|
|Event Organizer(s):||Colin Babb|
Email Event Organizer(s)
You must be logged in to get the Event Organizer contact information.
|Member Cost:||$16.00/Person (See Detailed Cost Info Below)|
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 18 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||25|
|Minimum Group Size:||10|
|Number Registered So Far:||10 / 0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||Yes|
|Join us for a camping weekend in beautiful Green Ridge State Forest in western Maryland. We'll be camping in one of the park's group camp sites in the northern part of the forest, which is close to the junction of several trails and not far from the Potomac River.|
We'll be doing a loop hike on Saturday along the Long Pond hiking trail and Fifteen Mile Creek. On Sunday, we'll do another loop hike along the C&O Canal and the Potomac.
To keep club labor and costs down, we'll be providing food only for dinner on Saturday night. Please bring fixings for your own breakfasts and lunches. Included in the club price, however, will be communal water and firewood as well.
|How to Get There:|
|Event Directions:||Group Site 5.|
From Baltimore: Head west on I-70W to Frederick, then follow directions below.
From Washington: Head northwest on I-270 toward Frederick, then get onto I-70 West toward Hagerstown. At Hancock, bear left on exit 1A to stay on I-68 West toward Cumberland. Go 12 miles, then get off at exit 68 (Orleans Rd.). Take a left and go 3.5 miles on Orleans Rd to intersection of High Germany Road (on left) and Mountain Road on (on right). Take a right, and several hundred feet to the left will be Group Site 5.
|Carpool to Event Distance (round trip):||0Mile(s)|
|Carpool Departure Time:||5:30 pm|
|Carpool Location:||Log in for location|
|Carpool Directions:||Log in for directions|
- Registration is NOT COMPLETE until you've signed up and paid by the registration cut off date. The money must be in the MOC's possession by that date. No exceptions.|
- When a minimum group size appears, this is to let you know that the event will be cancelled with refunds to those who have already paid, if the minimum number of registered participants is not met. For any events where MOC needs a minimum number of participants, there will be absolutely no refunds of money if you or your guest(s) cancel.
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in MOC events.
- Details of this event are subject to undergo a change at any point in time, with or without warning.
- Questions about equipment or rentals? Send them to email@example.com.
- Notice any errors or problems in the information on this page? Please notify our Content Editor(s), Amy Lipsius, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Cost & Payment:|
|Cost Includes:||Dinner on Saturday night, firewood, water, two nights of camping, and rental of porto-john facilities.|
|Payment Cut Off:||Payment must be received by the MOC on Mon, May 16 2011.|
|Make a Payment:||Click here for the details. PLEASE PAY AFTER YOU HAVE SIGNED UP BELOW.|
Please review our Cancellation Policy carefully!
*Note: You can choose to arrive at any time during this event, however, there are no discounts offered for partial attendance. You can cancel up until May 16 for a full refund of your money. After May 16, there will be no refunds unless the event is canceled due to lack of interest or severe weather.