Add EVENT to my Outlook Calendar
Add REGISTRATION REMINDER to my Outlook Calendar
|Event Location:||New Germany SP|
|Date(s) & Time:||Sat, Jan 29 2011 10:00 am (Carpool Departure: 7:30 am *log in for location*)|
|Registration Opens:||Fri, Jan 14 2011 12:00 am|
|Registration Cut Off:||Fri, Jan 28 2011 12:59 pm|
|Event Duration:||5 hr|
|Difficulty Rating:||D4: Moderate to Difficult|
|Event Organizer(s):||Jerry Wright|
Email Event Organizer(s)
You must be logged in to get the Event Organizer contact information.
|Member Cost:||$24.00/Person (See Detailed Cost Info Below)|
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, All Ages|
|Maximum Group Size:||18|
|Minimum Group Size:||2|
|Number Registered So Far:||8 / 0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||No|
|Come join the MOC for a great Cross Country Skiing Event.
BONUS - Jerry Wright will be teaching an intro lesson
the first hour for those who don't have any experience. So if you have
never put a pair of skis on (like me) then Jerry will be helping you
For those needing to rent skis, Ski Rental is $20 (cash only) for the day and includes ski boots, skis, and poles. There is a $4 entrance fee for the New Germany State Park.
Keep in mind that Jerry will be giving an intro lesson for beginners at the start of the event. groups can get back together again after the beginners are ready to start, most likely meeting for hot soup / Lunch at the Rec Center and more skiing after lunch. They really only serve Soup, Snacks, sodas at the Rec Center so you might want to gring a lunch.
I expect we will be skiing for about 5 hours. We need to meet back at the Rec Center at 3pm to start the carpools back to Baltimore (stopping for dinner along the way).
Here are some suggestions for what to bring and wear for XC Skiing:
For more information, check out these websites:
New Germany State Park
Allegany Expeditions Inc
Cross Country Skiing Lesson Videos:
Cross Country Ski Lesson Video
Cross Country Skiing-Free Skate Technique Video
Some Video of XC Skiing Competitions: Universal Sports
For those meeting us at the park, we will meet at the outfitter rental place at 10am (long wooden building on the left with parking lot near bottom of the entry road, well marked and easy to see. )
|How to Get There:|
- Follow I-70 West for 52 miles
- Take exit 1A on the left to merge onto I-68 W/US-40 W toward Cumberland and go about 58 miles
- Take exit 22 for US-219 / Chestnut Road
- Turn left at Chestnut Ridge Rd and drive about 3 miles
- Turn left at New Germany Rd and travel 2 miles to the New Germany State Park entrance on left.
We will meet at the outfitter rental place (also called the Recreation Hall) - long wooden building on the left with parking lot near bottom of the entry road, well marked and easy to see.
|Carpool to Event Distance (round trip):||0Mile(s)|
|Carpool Departure Time:||7:30 am|
|Carpool Location:||Log in for location|
|Carpool Directions:||Log in for directions|
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in MOC events.|
- Details of this event are subject to undergo a change at any point in time, with or without warning.
- Questions about equipment or rentals? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Notice any errors or problems in the information on this page? Please notify our Content Editor(s), Amy Lipsius, at email@example.com.
|Cost & Payment:|
|Cost Includes:||$4 park entry fee/person $20 ski rental if you need them. Cash only.|
|Make a Payment:||Although there is a cost for this event, you do not pay through the MOC. Please review the event details carefully for information about how/where to make your payment.|
Please review our Cancellation Policy carefully!