Add EVENT to my Outlook Calendar
Add REGISTRATION REMINDER to my Outlook Calendar
Six Mile A.M. Patapsco Hike
|Event Location:||Patapsco State Park - Orange Grove/Avalon Areas|
|Date(s) & Time:||Thu, Jul 29 2010 9:05 am|
|Registration Opens:||Wed, Jul 14 2010 12:00 am|
|Registration Cut Off:||Wed, Jul 28 2010 12:59 pm|
|Event Duration:||3 hours|
|Difficulty Rating:||D2: Easy to Moderate|
|Event Organizer(s):||Kate Copanic|
Email Event Organizer(s)
You must be logged in to get the Event Organizer contact information.
|Member Cost:||$2.00/Person (See Detailed Cost Info Below)|
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 18 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||10|
|Minimum Group Size:||3|
|Number Registered So Far:||4 / 0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||Yes|
|This hike begins in the beautiful
Orange Grove Area and continues through
the Avalon Area before returning. It is a loop
of approximately 6 miles with around
400 feet of elevation increase in a few spots.
Over 90% of the trail is heavily wooded and
shady, which is great on hot days. We share
the trail with some mountain bikers, but at
this time of day on a weekday it may be
pretty vacant. This is a great hike with lots to
enjoy!!! It's one of my local favorite
NOTES ABOUT DOGS: There will be dogs and dog lovers with us on this event. No haters, please.
NOTES ABOUT SCHEDULE: Come hydrated! Please be on time, we'll be starting introductions at 9:05am and the hike at 9:15am. Note that the park entrance may not open until 9am, although it usually is opened a little earlier. It is hard to organize a group lunch following hike as it is too hot to leave dogs in the car. So, lunch will be own your own or feel free to coordinate with some non-dog-owners.
NOTES ABOUT COST: The state park charges a $2 per day use fee collected at the tollgate. ($3 if you're out-of- state) The honor system may be in effect, so you will want to bring exact change. Please pay and support our park system!
Do you go to state parks a lot and prefer to avoid having $2 cash each time? Want to support Maryland parks? Order a MD State Park yearly pass:
Order a Pass Here
IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT PACE!!! This hike will be at a medium pace - about 2 to 2.5 miles per hour. If you prefer to hike fast, please refrain from zooming ahead. I ask that the group stays together at all times and I prefer to set the group's pace and course. Thank you in advance for not hijacking my hike and allowing me to do my job in keeping everyone safe.
|How to Get There:|
|Event Directions:||1. Take I-95 to Exit 47 (BWI Airport)|
2. Travel east on I-195 to Exit 3 toward Elkridge.
3. Turn right on US 1 heading south
4. Take the next right onto South Street;
5. Turn left immediately into the park entrance.
6. Continue down park road and pay at the booth.
7. Continue on park road until it ends and then turn left toward Orange Grove Scenic Area
8. Curve right and drive past the "Welcome to Orange Grove Scenic Area" signs. This is NOT where we are meeting. Keep going on park road.
9. Continue until the end. (past from the "Swinging Bridge" over Patapsco River)
10. Loop around and into the large parking lot.
11. Park near the exit of the parking lot if possible (closer to the bridge). Assuming you aren't really early, you will see my red Pontiac Aztec parked.
Go to state parks a lot and prefer to avoid
having $2 cash each time? Order a MD
State Park yearly pass:|
Order a Pass
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in MOC events.
- Details of this event are subject to undergo a change at any point in time, with or without warning.
- Questions about equipment or rentals? Send them to email@example.com.
- Notice any errors or problems in the information on this page? Please notify our Content Editor(s), Amy Lipsius, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Cost & Payment:|
|Cost Includes:||Entrance to the state park. (Note that it is $3 if you are coming in an out-of-state vehicle.) The honor system may be in effect, so you will want exact change.|
|Make a Payment:||Although there is a cost for this event, you do not pay through the MOC. Please review the event details carefully for information about how/where to make your payment.|
Please review our Cancellation Policy carefully!