Add EVENT to my Outlook Calendar
Add REGISTRATION REMINDER to my Outlook Calendar
Easy/Mod P.M. Patapsco Hike
|Event Location:||Patapsco State Park|
|Date(s) & Time:||Thu, Jul 1 2010 6:00 pm|
|Registration Opens:||Tue, Jun 15 2010 12:00 am|
|Registration Cut Off:||Tue, Jun 29 2010 12:59 pm|
|Event Duration:||3 hours|
|Difficulty Rating:||D2: Easy to Moderate|
|Event Organizer(s):||Kate Copanic|
Email Event Organizer(s)
You must be logged in to get the Event Organizer contact information.
|Member Cost:||$3.00/Person (See Detailed Cost Info Below)|
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 18 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||12|
|Minimum Group Size:||6|
|Number Registered So Far:||3 / 0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||Yes|
|This hike begins in the beautiful Orange
Grove Area and continues to the Avalon Area
before returning. It is a 6 mile loop hike with
around 400 feet of elevation increase.
Be aware, there will be dogs with us on this event.
Come hydrated! Please be on time, we'll be starting introductions at 6pm and the hike at 6:10pm.
The state park charges a $2 per day use fee collected at the tollgate. ($3 if out-of-state)
NOTES ABOUT PACE:
This hike will be at a medium pace - about 2.5 miles per hour. If you prefer to hike super fast, please keep in mind that the group will not be going super fast.
|How to Get There:|
|Event Directions:||1. Take I-95 to Exit 47 (BWI Airport)|
2. Travel east on I-195 to Exit 3 toward Elkridge.
3. Turn right on US 1 heading south
4. Take the next right onto South Street;
5. Turn left immediately into the park entrance.
6. Continue down park road and pay at the booth.
7. Continue on park road until it ends and then turn left toward Orange Grove Scenic Area
8. Curve right and drive past the "Welcome to Orange Grove Scenic Area" signs. This is NOT where we are meeting. Keep going on park road.
9. Continue until the end. (past from the "Swinging Bridge" over Patapsco River)
10. Loop around and into the large parking lot.
11. Park near the exit of the parking lot if possible (closer to the bridge). Assuming you aren't really early, you will see my red Pontiac Aztec parked.
Please see above description about the pace
and length of the hike.|
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in MOC events.
- Details of this event are subject to undergo a change at any point in time, with or without warning.
- Questions about equipment or rentals? Send them to email@example.com.
- Notice any errors or problems in the information on this page? Please notify our Content Editor(s), Amy Lipsius, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Cost & Payment:|
|Cost Includes:||Admission to park.|
|Make a Payment:||Although there is a cost for this event, you do not pay through the MOC. Please review the event details carefully for information about how/where to make your payment.|
Please review our Cancellation Policy carefully!