Add EVENT to my Outlook Calendar
Add REGISTRATION REMINDER to my Outlook Calendar
Little Devils Staircase Hike
|Event Location:||Shenandoah National Park, VA|
|Date(s) & Time:||Sun, May 9 2010 10:00 am (Carpool Departure: 8:00 am *log in for location*)|
|Registration Opens:||Thu, Apr 22 2010 12:00 am|
|Registration Cut Off:||Thu, May 6 2010 12:59 pm|
|Event Duration:||~5 hours|
|Difficulty Rating:||D4: Moderate to Difficult|
|Event Organizer(s):||Chris B.|
Email Event Organizer(s)
You must be logged in to get the Event Organizer contact information.
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 18 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||15|
|Minimum Group Size:||5|
|Number Registered So Far:||14 / 0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||No|
|Little Devils Staircase (located in Shenandoah National Park), is a difficult 7.8 mile hike including a 2000 ft elevation gain and several difficult spots to navigate through. Most of the work comes early on as you climb steeply up and over rocks, gaining 1500 feet of elevation in about 1.8 miles. If you are up for the challenge, this scramble up a steep, rocky ravine along Keyser Run is more than worth the spectacular views of almost continuous waterfalls. The trail slowly winds upwards to the stream and a small waterfall. Be prepared to possibly get your feet wet -- it crosses a small stream not just once, but several times. Also be careful of the deceptively slippery rocks.|
|How to Get There:|
|Event Directions:||1. Take 95 South to 495 West toward Silver Spring.|
2. Merge onto I-66 West (Exit 49) toward Manassas/ Front Royal
3. Get onto Lee Hwy/ US 29 South via exit 43a Gainesville/ Warrenton
4. Merge onto US-211 W/ US-29 BR S toward US-15 Bus/ Warrenton/ Luray
5. Make a right onto Rt 622
6. Make a left onto Rt 614.
7. Route 614 becomes a gravel road. Follow it to the end (approximately 3 miles).
8. Park at gravel parking area
|Carpool to Event Distance (round trip):||0Mile(s)|
|Carpool Departure Time:||8:00 am|
|Carpool Location:||Log in for location|
|Carpool Directions:||Log in for directions|
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in MOC events.|
- Details of this event are subject to undergo a change at any point in time, with or without warning.
- Questions about equipment or rentals? Send them to email@example.com.
- Notice any errors or problems in the information on this page? Please notify our Content Editor(s), Amy Lipsius, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review our Cancellation Policy carefully!