Add EVENT to my Outlook Calendar
Add REGISTRATION REMINDER to my Outlook Calendar
Sky Meadow Hike & Wine Tasting III
|Event Location:||Sky Meadows State Park, VA|
|Date(s) & Time:||Sun, Apr 18 2010 10:00 am (Carpool Departure: 9:00 am *log in for location*)|
|Registration Opens:||Fri, Apr 2 2010 12:00 am|
|Registration Cut Off:||Fri, Apr 16 2010 12:59 pm|
|Event Duration:||4-5 hrs|
|Difficulty Rating:||D2: Easy to Moderate|
|Event Organizer(s):||Jen A|
Email Event Organizer(s)
You must be logged in to get the Event Organizer contact information.
|Member Cost:||$4.00/Person (See Detailed Cost Info Below)|
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 18 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||18|
|Minimum Group Size:||12|
|Number Registered So Far:||18 / 0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||Yes|
|Come join us for our third annual moderate to difficult hike at Sky Meadows State Park followed by a visit to a local winery. The hike will be a 7.9 mile loop with ~2100 feet of elevation change. The hike will offer some scenic views of the area including a spot called the Piedmont Overlook.|
This hike is rated Moderate to Difficult even though the terrain is not that steep due to the fact we will be hiking at a decent clip.
Sky Meadows was created on land donated to the state by philanthropist and local resident Paul Mellon who had saved it from a planned upscale subdivision. The core area was farmland for three centuries and the history of it is stored in Mount Bleak, the main building on the site. In fact, cows still roam parts of the park.
After the hike we will stop at a local winery to do some tasting.
|How to Get There:|
|Event Directions:||From Baltimore:|
- Take I-95 S toward Washington
- Take exit 27 to merge onto Capital Beltway/I-495 W toward Silver Spring
- Take exit 49 to merge onto I-66 W toward Front Royal/Manassas
- Take exit 23 for VA-55 W/US-17 N toward Paris/Delaplane
- Turn left at Edmonds Ln
- Follow signs to the Visitor Center
|Carpool to Event Distance (round trip):||0Mile(s)|
|Carpool Departure Time:||9:00 am|
|Carpool Location:||Log in for location|
|Carpool Directions:||Log in for directions|
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in MOC events.|
- Details of this event are subject to undergo a change at any point in time, with or without warning.
- Questions about equipment or rentals? Send them to email@example.com.
- Notice any errors or problems in the information on this page? Please notify our Content Editor(s), Amy Lipsius, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Cost & Payment:|
|Cost Includes:||Park Entrance Fee per Car, therefore carpooling is recommended.|
|Make a Payment:||Although there is a cost for this event, you do not pay through the MOC. Please review the event details carefully for information about how/where to make your payment.|
Please review our Cancellation Policy carefully!