Add EVENT to my Outlook Calendar
Add REGISTRATION REMINDER to my Outlook Calendar
Gorge-ous Camping in the Finger Lakes
|Event Location:||Watkins Glen State Park|
|Date(s) & Time:||Fri, May 28 2010 6:00 pm (Carpool Departure: N/A *log in for location*)|
|Registration Opens:||Tue, May 11 2010 12:00 am|
|Registration Cut Off:||Tue, May 25 2010 12:59 pm|
|Event Duration:||3 days|
|Difficulty Rating:||D1: Easy|
|Event Organizer(s):||Amy K|
Email Event Organizer(s)
You must be logged in to get the Event Organizer contact information.
|Member Cost:||$49.00/Person (See Detailed Cost Info Below)|
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 18 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||17|
|Minimum Group Size:||12|
|Number Registered So Far:||17 / 0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||No|
|Join us for camping in the New York Finger Lakes at Watkins Glen. |
Watkins Glen State Park is the most famous of the Finger Lakes State Parks, with a reputation for leaving visitors spellbound. Within two miles, the glen's stream descends 400 feet past 200-foot cliffs, generating 19 waterfalls along its course. The gorge path winds over and under waterfalls and through the spray of Cavern Cascade. Rim trails overlook the gorge. Campers and day-visitors can enjoy the Olympic-size pool, scheduled summer tours through the gorge, tent and trailer campsites, picnic facilities and excellent fishing in nearby Seneca Lake or Catherine Creek, which is renowned for its annual spring run of rainbow trout.
We will hike the Gorge Trail on Saturday, about 3 miles total. On Sunday we will visit a winery (optional) but you can also choose to go your own way. We can also hike at another nearby state park like Taughannock Falls.
We will be providing meals - breakfast, lunch, and dinner on Saturday, and breakfast and lunch on Sunday. You will be responsible for your dinner Friday and Sunday night. There are plenty of restaurants in Watkins Glen, a Wal Mart - and Ithaca is nearby. A few of us plan to eat out probably Sunday night, so feel free to join. We will not be providing utensils, so please bring your own mess kit.
The itinerary for this trip is very loose, and we will be leaving a lot of it open because the area is so diverse.
Please be aware that we do not have a group site and have reserved adjoining campsites. Sharing of tents will be strongly encouraged to make the best use of our space. Also please remember to pay promptly upon registering via paypal or check.
|How to Get There:|
|Event Directions:||1009 North Franklin Street|
Watkins Glen, NY 14891
|Carpool to Event Distance (round trip):||0Mile(s)|
|Carpool Departure Time:||N/A|
|Carpool Location:||Log in for location|
|Carpool Directions:||Log in for directions|
- Registration is NOT COMPLETE until you've signed up and paid by the registration cut off date. The money must be in the MOC's possession by that date. No exceptions.|
- When a minimum group size appears, this is to let you know that the event will be cancelled with refunds to those who have already paid, if the minimum number of registered participants is not met. For any events where MOC needs a minimum number of participants, there will be absolutely no refunds of money if you or your guest(s) cancel.
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in MOC events.
- Details of this event are subject to undergo a change at any point in time, with or without warning.
- Questions about equipment or rentals? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Notice any errors or problems in the information on this page? Please notify our Content Editor(s), Amy Lipsius, at email@example.com.
|Cost & Payment:|
|Cost Includes:||3 nights of camping Breakfast, lunch and dinner on Saturday Breakfast and lunch Sunday|
|Payment Cut Off:||Payment must be received by the MOC on Tue, May 25 2010.|
|Make a Payment:||Click here for the details. PLEASE PAY AFTER YOU HAVE SIGNED UP BELOW.|
Please review our Cancellation Policy carefully!