Add EVENT to my Outlook Calendar
Add REGISTRATION REMINDER to my Outlook Calendar
Longest Day Camp: The Real Deal
|Event Location:||Shenandoah NPS (Mathews Arm Campground)|
|Date(s) & Time:||Fri, Jun 18 2010 8:00 pm|
|Registration Opens:||Tue, Jun 1 2010 12:00 am|
|Registration Cut Off:||Tue, Jun 15 2010 12:59 pm|
|Event Duration:||2 days|
|Difficulty Rating:||D5: Difficult|
|Event Organizer(s):||Jen A|
Email Event Organizer(s)
You must be logged in to get the Event Organizer contact information.
|Member Cost:||$32.00/Person (See Detailed Cost Info Below)|
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 18 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||15|
|Minimum Group Size:||8|
|Number Registered So Far:||11 / 0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||Yes|
|As promised, take two of the longest day camp and hike is
finally scheduled and planned. If you thought it was a
challenge two years ago then definitely join us for an even
longer hike this year. We are planning to hike 16-18 miles in
one day. There are plenty of challenging circuit hikes around
Matthews Arm campground to keep us busy! You won't even
have to get in your car!! Don't worry there will be some
diversions along the way to keep you entertained including a
swimming hole and some milk shakes. Who knows maybe
even a black bear will make an appearance again this
Your weekend will include two outstanding hikes, a delicious dinner on Saturday, a hearty breakfast on Sunday, the vivacious company of your organizers, and general good times. For breakfast and lunch on Saturday, we will have basic grab-and-go items (breakfast bars, the fixings for peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and fruit). If you think you’ll need more fuel, please feel free to bring your own food to supplement our offerings.
Due to the high mileage and elevation on this event participants should have experience with long hikes at a good pace (at least 11 miles). To accomplish our amazing feat, we’ll have to get an early start on Saturday.
|How to Get There:|
|Event Directions:||From Washington, D.C. Metro Area Travel west on Interstate 66 to exit 43A (32 miles). Take US Highway 29 South to Warrenton, Virginia (11 miles). Take US Highway 211 West to Shenandoah National Park and Skyline Drive Thornton Gap Entrance (28 miles). Take Skyline Drive north approximately 9 miles and turn left into Mathews Arm Campground.|
- Registration is NOT COMPLETE until you've signed up and paid by the registration cut off date. The money must be in the MOC's possession by that date. No exceptions.|
- When a minimum group size appears, this is to let you know that the event will be cancelled with refunds to those who have already paid, if the minimum number of registered participants is not met. For any events where MOC needs a minimum number of participants, there will be absolutely no refunds of money if you or your guest(s) cancel.
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in MOC events.
- Details of this event are subject to undergo a change at any point in time, with or without warning.
- Questions about equipment or rentals? Send them to email@example.com.
- Notice any errors or problems in the information on this page? Please notify our Content Editor(s), Amy Lipsius, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Cost & Payment:|
|Cost Includes:||2 nights of camping Saturday breakfast, lunch and dinner Sunday breakfast Snacks firewood|
|Payment Cut Off:||Payment must be received by the MOC on Tue, Jun 15 2010.|
|Make a Payment:||Click here for the details. PLEASE PAY AFTER YOU HAVE SIGNED UP BELOW.|
Please review our Cancellation Policy carefully!