Add EVENT to my Outlook Calendar
Add REGISTRATION REMINDER to my Outlook Calendar
N.C. Lake Camping with AOC & MOC
|Event Location:||B.W. Wells, Falls Lake State Recreation Area, 1630 Bent Road, Wake Forest, NC 27587|
|Date(s) & Time:||Fri, Sep 3 2010 6:00 pm|
|Registration Opens:||Tue, Aug 17 2010 12:00 am|
|Registration Cut Off:||Tue, Aug 31 2010 12:59 pm|
|Event Duration:||Four Days, Three Nights|
|Difficulty Rating:||D1: Easy|
|Event Organizer(s):||Amy Pickwick|
Email Event Organizer(s)
You must be logged in to get the Event Organizer contact information.
|Member Cost:||$12.00/Person (See Detailed Cost Info Below)|
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 21 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||35|
|Minimum Group Size:||10|
|Number Registered So Far:||28 / 0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||Yes|
|On this camping trip, not only will you mix and mingle with the folks you've grown to love (or hate) over the years with the Maryland Outdoor Club (MOC), but you'll also get to meet folks from sister club, the Atlanta Outdoor Club (AOC), ten hours south. So, how about a little relaxing halfway camping to celebrate the three day weekend? Are you in or are you out?|
Each organization will be booking 35-person side-by-side campsites at the B.W. Wells area of the Falls Lake State Recreation Area in Wake Forest, N.C. Falls Lake is a 12,000-acre lake with 26,000 acres of woodlands. The park offers ample opportunities for fishing, boating, swimming, walking, mountain biking, and much more along a portion of the state's Mountains-to-Sea Trail. And, it's approximately a 5-hour drive, traffic pending, from the central location of either club.
Additionally, Falls Lake lies 18 miles from Eno River State Park where there are even more hiking trails to suit the adventurer's appetite. The campground is 13 miles to Durham and approximately 18 miles to Raleigh as well.
Amenities at the campground include: drinking water, showers, grills, picnic tables, fire rings, and benches.
We will be loosely organizing optional daily activities like hiking, kayaking, and more. Perhaps some friendly field games too?
Falls Lake State Recreation Area
Rules & Regulations
Maps & Directions
B.W. Wells Camp Map
Kayak Rentals & Trips (13-mile, 5-hour kayak/canoe float offered)
Eno River State Park
See photos that a MOC member took of the Falls Lake State Recreation Area on a recent trip:
|How to Get There:|
|Event Directions:||Click here for driving directions and a map.|
- Registration is NOT COMPLETE until you've signed up and paid by the registration cut off date. The money must be in the MOC's possession by that date. No exceptions.|
- When a minimum group size appears, this is to let you know that the event will be cancelled with refunds to those who have already paid, if the minimum number of registered participants is not met. For any events where MOC needs a minimum number of participants, there will be absolutely no refunds of money if you or your guest(s) cancel.
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in MOC events.
- Details of this event are subject to undergo a change at any point in time, with or without warning.
- Questions about equipment or rentals? Send them to email@example.com.
- Notice any errors or problems in the information on this page? Please notify our Content Editor(s), Amy Lipsius, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Cost & Payment:|
|Payment Cut Off:||Payment must be received by the MOC on Tue, Aug 31 2010.|
|Make a Payment:||Click here for the details. PLEASE PAY AFTER YOU HAVE SIGNED UP BELOW.|
Please review our Cancellation Policy carefully!