Add EVENT to my Outlook Calendar
Add REGISTRATION REMINDER to my Outlook Calendar
Signal Knob Redux: Camp & Hike
|Event Location:||Elizabeth Furnace Group Camp|
|Date(s) & Time:||Fri, May 14 2010 6:30 pm (Carpool Departure: 6:30 pm *log in for location*)|
|Registration Opens:||Tue, Apr 27 2010 12:00 am|
|Registration Cut Off:||Tue, May 11 2010 12:59 pm|
|Event Duration:||~2 days|
|Difficulty Rating:||D4: Moderate to Difficult|
|Event Organizer(s):||Jen A|
Email Event Organizer(s)
You must be logged in to get the Event Organizer contact information.
|Member Cost:||$30.00/Person (See Detailed Cost Info Below)|
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 21 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||14|
|Minimum Group Size:||10|
|Number Registered So Far:||14 / 0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||Yes|
|Throw your camping gear in the car, and join us for the annual Signal Knob Camp & Hike. We’re heading out to the Elizabeth Furnace Campsite in the George Washington National Forest for some camping, hiking, and general good times.|
Saturday, we’ll hike up Signal Knob, which some consider to have the best views in Virginia. It’s a 10.4 mile hike with an elevation gain of 2,680 feet. The trail will be rocky in places. Dogs will need to be sure footed on the rocks, or owners may need to carry them.
Afterward, we’ll sit around the campfire, tell some tall tales, and enjoy some delicious food courtesy of your organizers.
The cost includes one meal on Friday, three meals on Saturday and one on Sunday. Please note that the campsite does not have any running water. Plan on bringing all your drinking water with you.
(P.S. The rumors about the fire pit are true.)
|How to Get There:|
|Event Directions:||To be supplied prior to event|
|Carpool to Event Distance (round trip):||0Mile(s)|
|Carpool Departure Time:||6:30 pm|
|Carpool Location:||Log in for location|
|Carpool Directions:||Log in for directions|
- Registration is NOT COMPLETE until you've signed up and paid by the registration cut off date. The money must be in the MOC's possession by that date. No exceptions.|
- When a minimum group size appears, this is to let you know that the event will be cancelled with refunds to those who have already paid, if the minimum number of registered participants is not met. For any events where MOC needs a minimum number of participants, there will be absolutely no refunds of money if you or your guest(s) cancel.
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in MOC events.
- Details of this event are subject to undergo a change at any point in time, with or without warning.
- Questions about equipment or rentals? Send them to email@example.com.
- Notice any errors or problems in the information on this page? Please notify our Content Editor(s), Amy Lipsius, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Cost & Payment:|
|Cost Includes:||campsite, 2 dinners, 1 lunch, 2 breakfast|
|Payment Cut Off:||Payment must be received by the MOC on Tue, May 11 2010.|
|Make a Payment:||Click here for the details. PLEASE PAY AFTER YOU HAVE SIGNED UP BELOW.|
Please review our Cancellation Policy carefully!