Add EVENT to my Outlook Calendar
Add REGISTRATION REMINDER to my Outlook Calendar
National Mall Bike Tour
|Event Location:||Jefferson Memorial Plaza, Washington, DC|
|Date(s) & Time:||Sat, Apr 25 2009 12:45 pm (Carpool Departure: 11:30 am *log in for location*)|
|Registration Opens:||Wed, Apr 8 2009 12:00 am|
|Registration Cut Off:||Wed, Apr 22 2009 12:59 pm|
|Event Duration:||3 hours|
|Difficulty Rating:||D3: Moderate|
|Event Organizer(s):||Lucas Fisher|
Email Event Organizer(s)
You must be logged in to get the Event Organizer contact information.
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 18 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||12|
|Minimum Group Size:||5|
|Number Registered So Far:||12 / 0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||No|
|Join the National Park Service for a bike tour on the National Mall. I've participated in these tours several times before and we always learn a wealth of interesting facts. This tour is :"Off the Beaten Path: Brainiac! America's Smartest People". |
The tour runs from 1-4pm. We meet behind the Jefferson Memorial Plaza (you know, the place with the statue of Jefferson) at the bottom of the stairs facing the tidal basin. Please show up by 12:45pm so that you are sure not to miss the tour departure. You must bring your own bike and a HELMET IS REQUIRED to participate.
A description of this tour:
Transportation: The Jefferson Memorial is accessible via metro or car. If you metro, please consult the National Mall map on how to reach the Jefferson Memorial. If you drive, there is usually parking in East Potomac Park on Ohio Drive almost directly underneath the I-395 and Williams Memorial bridges. Again, see the map. You can then bike the short distance to the Jefferson Memorial.
National Mall map:
|How to Get There:|
|Event Directions:||From the North:|
1. Take MD-295 South.
2. Take exit for US-50 West.
3. Follow US-50 into the city for
5 miles. It turns into New York
6. Turn left onto I-395 South.
7. Take exit for Ohio Dr SW.
8. Turn right on Ohio Dr SW.
9. Turn right on Buckeye Dr SW.
10. Turn right on Ohio Dr SW.
11. When you are under the
bridges the parking lots are on
From the West:
1. Take I-66 East.
2. Cross the Roosevelt Memorial
3. Takes the exit for
4. Take slight left onto
Independence Ave/Rock Creek
Pkwy/Ohio Dr. and follow river
5. Exit left onto Ohio Dr SW.
6. Cross short bridge over
opening to tidal basin.
7. Cross under I-396 bridge.
8. Parking lot is on the left.
From the parking lot:
1. Turn right out of the parking
lot onto Ohio Dr SW.
2. Turn right on E Basin Dr SW
(do not cross the bridge).
3. The Jefferson Memorial is on
4. Meet around back (side facing
Tidal Basin) at the foot of the
|Carpool to Event Distance (round trip):||0Mile(s)|
|Carpool Departure Time:||11:30 am|
|Carpool Location:||Log in for location|
|Carpool Directions:||Log in for directions|
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in MOC events.|
- Details of this event are subject to undergo a change at any point in time, with or without warning.
- Questions about equipment or rentals? Send them to email@example.com.
- Notice any errors or problems in the information on this page? Please notify our Content Editor(s), Amy Lipsius, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review our Cancellation Policy carefully!