Add EVENT to my Outlook Calendar
Add REGISTRATION REMINDER to my Outlook Calendar
2009 MOC Spring Picnic
|Event Location:||Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab Recreation Area, Laurel, MD|
|Date(s) & Time:||Sat, May 30 2009 12:00 pm|
|Registration Opens:||Fri, May 15 2009 12:00 am|
|Registration Cut Off:||Fri, May 29 2009 12:59 pm|
|Event Duration:||5 hours|
|Difficulty Rating:||D1: Easy|
|Event Organizer(s):||Colin Babb|
Email Event Organizer(s)
You must be logged in to get the Event Organizer contact information.
|Member Cost:||$8.00/Person (See Detailed Cost Info Below)|
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, All Ages|
|Maximum Group Size:||100|
|Minimum Group Size:||25|
|Number Registered So Far:||35 / 0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||No|
|Spring has sprung! To celebrate we are having a picnic. Enjoy a beautiful spring day by spending the afternoon with your MOC friends. As always, it will be a fine day of enjoyable socializing, chowing and playing games. We will laugh, joke, play games and toast a new year of great times outdoors with your friends.|
If you did not make it to last year's event it was a great time. See the pictures and write up here.
Hot dogs, Hamburgers, Veggie Burgers, Chips, Pretzels, Potato Salad, Cole Slaw, Water, Soda, Cake
FIELD DAY ACTIVITIES
Horse Shoes, Kick Ball, Volleyball, Basketball Free Throw, Water Ballon Toss, Dizzy Bat Relay
This event is BYOB. As long as MOC members and guests do not violate any state or county laws controlling the sale or distribution of alcoholic beverages. All attendees must use good judgment when consuming alcoholic beverages. Maryland law prohibits serving alcoholic beverages to persons under 21 years of age.
We'll need some help with food preparation and some of the games. If you'd like to volunteer for the picnic planning team, please contact Joe John at email@example.com.
|How to Get There:|
|Event Directions:||APL is located on Johns Hopkins Road, approximately 1/2 mile west of U.S. Route 29.
From Washington DC and the Capital Beltway (I-495): Take I-95 North toward Baltimore. Go 10 miles and take Columbia exit (MD Rt. 32 West).
Go 2.5 miles and take Washington DC exit (U.S. Rt. 29 South). Go 1.5 miles and take Johns Hopkins Rd. Exit onto Johns Hopkins Rd., pass APL, and make a right on Sanner Road. The recreation area is about ¼ on the right.|
From the Baltimore area. Take I-95 South; from the Baltimore Beltway (I-695) intersection go 13 miles and take Columbia exit (MD Rt. 32 West). Go 2.5 miles and take Washington DC exit (U.S. Rt. 29 South). Go 1.5 miles and take Johns Hopkins Rd. Exit onto Johns Hopkins Rd. Go right on Sanner Road. The recreation area is about ¼ mile on the right.
Parking is available in the north lot near the softball field, or along the roadway near the pavilion (one side only) and there are some spaces at the library storage center.
- Registration is NOT COMPLETE until you've signed up and paid by the registration cut off date. The money must be in the MOC's possession by that date. No exceptions.|
- When a minimum group size appears, this is to let you know that the event will be cancelled with refunds to those who have already paid, if the minimum number of registered participants is not met. For any events where MOC needs a minimum number of participants, there will be absolutely no refunds of money if you or your guest(s) cancel.
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in MOC events.
- Details of this event are subject to undergo a change at any point in time, with or without warning.
- Questions about equipment or rentals? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Notice any errors or problems in the information on this page? Please notify our Content Editor(s), Amy Lipsius, at email@example.com.
|Cost & Payment:|
|Cost Includes:||Food and nonalcoholic drinks.|
|Payment Cut Off:||Payment must be received by the MOC on Fri, May 29 2009.|
|Make a Payment:||Click here for the details. PLEASE PAY AFTER YOU HAVE SIGNED UP BELOW.|
Please review our Cancellation Policy carefully!